5 replies to this topic

#1 outdoors kid

outdoors kid

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:30 am

2 weeks ago i bought myself my 1st shotgun i purchased an Investarm O/U 12G for a £150. After having 2 weekends out clay shooting with it and doing fairly well i decided to take it out on the farm i used to shoot with my air rifle.

the farm is teeming with crows and pigeons and there is a fairly healthy population of rabbits aswell which is always an added bonus so i was quite excited about the prospect of hunting with my new gun.

I drove down to the farm about 5pm grabbed my gun out the boot and began the long walk down in to the freshly cut wheat fields i was about 200 yards off of the fields when i could see pigeons coming and going all over the fields.

as i got closer to the fields i broke the barrels and whacked in 2 Clear pigeon cartridges it wasnt long before the 1st shot rang out.
as i was virtually on top of the fields i wanted to shoot, i caught something out the corner of my eye i had just passed through the gates to the field and about 30 yards away was a rabbit as i clicked the barrels together he stood up and made for his burrow. I quickly flicked the safety off put the bead of my shotgun on his nose as he was bounding for home and then Crack my Investarm had made its first kill. :)

i was over the moon with my first kill and continued on in to the field i walked around the outside of the wheat field and it was not long before i let 2 more shells off sadly these 2 pigeons were luckily saved by my poor shooting. :censored:

as the evening went on and it was getting later and later more birds were working there way over the field i was in i spied a pair of birds coming over the field i crouched in the brush and waited untill the came with in range as i popped up they tried to turn but with both barrels blazing they both fell about 25 yards away from me 2 more kills.

i decided to call it a day and started to walk back to my car just as i was leaving the wheat field a pigeon came right over my head with out a care in the world i swung round and took him down aswell.

so all in all a good evenings shooting :victory:

Attached File  hunting_011.jpg   180.48KB   37 downloads

Attached File  hunting_010.jpg   274.81KB   35 downloads

#2 chess

chess

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:35 pm

Hey thats pretty good going Outdoor, well done :victory:

#3 small bore

small bore

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:26 pm

Well done sounds like a great start.

#4 adbirdy

adbirdy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:16 pm

Very well done, now that is an evening you will remember for a long time to come!!

Ade

#5 COMPO

COMPO

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:04 pm

Sounds good, a great read, felt like i was out there with you, keep practicing the more you shoot with the gun the better you will get

#6 cometa300s

cometa300s

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:30 pm

nice one mate future looks good for you lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users