50 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisJones

ChrisJones

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:20 pm

What's the best pre-charged pneumatic rifle on the market?

#2 Jordan

Jordan

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:54 pm

Air arms s400 .177 or s410

#3 F.R.

F.R.

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:21 pm

First I've owned and can't believe the accuracy- definitely worth looking at---Webley Spectre .22 (FX Cyclone)- 3 power levels, nice quiet safety, two stage trigger, walnut or synthetic....

Pic from the other day with Kye..all headshots but one rabbit and one prairie dog....some shots out to 70+ yards.

Posted Image

#4 J Darcy

J Darcy

Gimplet

• Donator
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:54 pm

falcon fn 12 for ..eerrmm...covert operations, but i love the S410 and S200... :guitar:

#5 Guest_rothbury ratter_*

Guest_rothbury ratter_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:07 pm

I have only owned one.
And the Rapid 7 mk1 gets my vote. :good:

#6 foxy

foxy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:42 pm

ripley xl9 for me far better than any of the above guns mentioned :D

#7 Guest_whippet_*

Guest_whippet_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:00 pm

Aye, he asked what's the best rifle. And cracking guns as the S400/S410/S200 are, they're far from the best guns on the market, just good value. The best is probably Ripley. :)

#8 Guest_baldie_*

Guest_baldie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:37 pm

One of the best ones i,ve ever shot , was a ripley predator, slide action under the forend, adjustable from 12 to almost 60 ft/lbs, and mag fed, absolutely devastating. Illegal now, it fell foul of the post dunblane semi auto , and pump laws. Every day gun? has to be the mk1 rapid.

#9 ChrisJones

ChrisJones

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:52 pm

One of the best ones i,ve ever shot , was a ripley predator, slide action under the forend, adjustable from 12 to almost 60 ft/lbs, and mag fed, absolutely devastating. Illegal now, it fell foul of the post dunblane semi auto , and pump laws. Every day gun? has to be the mk1 rapid.

Ahhh memories of the Predator, Baldie. Are they illegal now or is it that they're not allowed to make them any more? :ph34r:

Most fun you'll ever have with an air rifle is the Ripley Predator but, for my money, the best pre-charged is the HW100. (still haven't got one! :icon_redface: )

#10 Guest_baldie_*

Guest_baldie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:08 pm

He certainly doesnt make them anymore Chris, the ones that are out there...well.. :D they arent registered anywhere are they ;) I remember destroying an old knockdown silhouette at 60 yards with one, 22 grain barracuda,s whack , whack, whack, it eventually rived it out of the ground , by its pins, as i said earlier...devastating tool ;)

#11 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:25 pm

bsa super 10

Posted Image

#12 J Darcy

J Darcy

Gimplet

• Donator
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:35 am

chris...the hw100 leaked like mad! :( not good news when you have shelled out some serious coin for a new bit of kit.... :cry: they are heavy and the stock is not the best in the world...but they are a decent hunting gun that aside... the mag system is the best i have ever used in my life...

#13 Guest_scottywong_*

Guest_scottywong_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:37 pm

got a aa410 and its been faultless .have put thousands of pellets threough it and never had a problem.its better value than the hw 100 and a dam site better looking(if thats a worry)best thing about mine is that i have painted the stock so dont have to worry about scratching or denting it as i just repaint it!! makes it a lot easier to use as you dont worry.

scotty(lots of them second hand about aswell)

#14 Guest_Duzabit_*

Guest_Duzabit_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:04 pm

For me it's the AA S200, with the 10 shot mag
no problems yet, great value for money.

Duz :D

#15 foxdropper

foxdropper

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:24 pm

Rapid 7 mk 1 is the dogs wotsits for me ,with the added bonus that its easy to whack up way beyond 12ft/sec.On a firearms of course!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users