Celebraties who support field sports

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hells Kitchen, the Head Chef, not Ramsey, the new one, straggly fecking hair, whats his b*****d name? Anyway, he loves his deer stalking.......................... I know ;)

Marco Pierre White. :thumbs:

And yes Patterdale123, Otis Ferry is Bryan Ferry's son. :thumbs:

Bryan Ferry, father of Otis. Doesn't Jeremy Paxman shoot? :gunsmilie: Zac Dingle. :whistling:

That guy who played Martin Platt in corrie, he fishes.

hi is bryan ferrys son the master of the foxhounds

Missie got it I think, Marco PW.....

Otis is MFH with the South Shropshire........only problem, he's a p##k. He's of the "don't you know who I am?!" type........bumped into him at a shooting ground, he was giving the staff in the shop hell because they wouldn't repair a rifle for him "ASAP".....

Marco Pierre White!!

How could I forget? :blink:

Saw an article in one of the Sunday glossy mags a while back, MPW has over a hundred deer trophys up in his house, seemingly he is obsessive!

I've never met Otis Ferry, only passed him a few times at the Festival of Hunting last year and i'm pretty sure that doesn't count. :laugh:

I've heard mixed things about him.

He's a patron of Lurcher Link so he can't be all that bad. :thumbs:

Marco Pierre White!!

How could I forget? :blink:

Saw an article in one of the Sunday glossy mags a while back, MPW has over a hundred deer trophys up in his house, seemingly he is obsessive!

Now I remember, I think he got a trophy Roe last year and was then beaten the very next day by someone else! Mike Robinson is also a mad mad keen stalker, bloody good chef too; his pub is filled with trophies.

Check out http://www.potkiln.org/ a great guy who cooks briliantly and loves his field sports

Well Otis not only stood up for what he believes in, but he also got some people to notice when he and his crew got into the houses of parliament.

True, he is abot the only "celeb" (not that he is famous in his own right) who has been seen to openly support his sport from the point of view of most of the public.

.......and still the list gets longer. My point is that very few of these guys are openly seen by the public to stand up for and support the countryside and field sports. Perhaps if they were there would be a slightly better understanding that it is perfectly normal to do what we do. Its a pitty that those that have made their love of the sport seen by the public eye, Otis and Vinny Jones as examples have done so by courting controvasy and negative publicity, Vinny by having his SGC/FAC withdrawn for fighting on a plane! And those few who are celeb antis are much more vocal about their beliefs and therefore seen in that light more often by the public.

.......and still the list gets longer. My point is that very few of these guys are openly seen by the public to stand up for and support the countryside and field sports. Perhaps if they were there would be a slightly better understanding that it is perfectly normal to do what we do. Its a pitty that those that have made their love of the sport seen by the public eye, Otis and Vinny Jones as examples have done so by courting controvasy and negative publicity, Vinny by having his SGC/FAC withdrawn for fighting on a plane! And those few who are celeb antis are much more vocal about their beliefs and therefore seen in that light more often by the public.

Sory to hijack your thread, SA but what about a list of celebrity antis whose books, films, music, retaurants etc etc etc we should boycott?

To start, as stated several times previously :

Sir Paul McWankartny

Sory to hijack your thread, SA but what about a list of celebrity antis whose books, films, music, retaurants etc etc etc we should boycott?

To start, as stated several times previously :

Sir Paul McWankartny

I totally agree; 110%. I started a thread here two weeks ago about McCartney.........£1mil to LACS each year!!

What I wes trying to do was encourage a debate about those who support us as we hear too little about them and enough about the tos##rs who don't....