i dont think making a kennel out of breez blocks is a good idea ferretuk.

a friend of mine living in wales had a show dog it was an english bull terrier. that won a lot of shows in wales and every country in the uk .england scotland ireland.

a top judge was up his house 1 day and my friend was telling him that he is having trouble keeping weight on the dog. when the judge said what kennel have you got to which he replyed a new block kennel the dog has only been in it for a few month's.the judge said that the dog was using up a lot of energy just keeping warm in the block kennel. and it would be like a fridge in the winter holding all the cold.my friend picked up a sledge hammer there and then and smashed the block kennel to bits and got on the phone and ordered a wood 1.within a few week's the dog had put weight on and kept in on.

go for wood mate :thumbs::thumbs:

edited to add. on a cold frosty morning go out side and feel how much colder a brick or a block is compared to a 2/4 piece of wood the differenc will be plain to see

HAD HE NEVER HURD OF A HEATER :wallbash: MINES BRICK BUILT, HEAT LAMP ON THEM 24/7 AT THE MO, SOMTIMES WHEN ITS REAL COLD A PUT THE CONVECTOR HEATER ON

do you also take them a cooked breakfast of bacon and eggs and a cup of tea every morning.

like it or not tomo breeze block or brick kennels are shit they are like freezers wood all the way

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think making a kennel out of breez blocks is a good idea ferretuk.

a friend of mine living in wales had a show dog it was an english bull terrier. that won a lot of shows in wales and every country in the uk .england scotland ireland.

a top judge was up his house 1 day and my friend was telling him that he is having trouble keeping weight on the dog. when the judge said what kennel have you got to which he replyed a new block kennel the dog has only been in it for a few month's.the judge said that the dog was using up a lot of energy just keeping warm in the block kennel. and it would be like a fridge in the winter holding all the cold.my friend picked up a sledge hammer there and then and smashed the block kennel to bits and got on the phone and ordered a wood 1.within a few week's the dog had put weight on and kept in on.

go for wood mate :thumbs::thumbs:

edited to add. on a cold frosty morning go out side and feel how much colder a brick or a block is compared to a 2/4 piece of wood the differenc will be plain to see

fair comment but how many dogs sleep out in run if the sleeping quarter is warm dont think you should worry too much about breeze blocks been cold ya could always knit it a big thick dog jacket

like i said mate go out side on a cold morning and pick up a brick then with the other hand pick up a piece of wood there will be hell of a difference.its common sense really brick or block is cold wood is warm

like i said mate go out side on a cold morning and pick up a brick then with the other hand pick up a piece of wood there will be hell of a difference.its common sense really brick or block is cold wood is warm

go outside and run ya hand down dogs back yal find a coat that keeps it warm before long we will be putting hot water bottles in and tucking em up in bed :icon_eek:

go outside and run ya hand down dogs back yal find a coat that keeps it warm before long we will be putting hot water bottles in and tucking em up in bed :icon_eek:

or i give in if you cant see common sense then carry on im only giving some advice a i bet you have got a block kennel have you??

i am thinking of doing three course in breeze block and put a wooden frame around with mesh on and for the sleeping area build up a breeze block frame with a wood roof felted
Just build the sleeping area out of wood and some bedding cushty. long live the breeze block. Isn't this the buy and sell ting?

or i give in if you cant see common sense then carry on im only giving some advice a i bet you have got a block kennel have you??

no there in the house laid on end of bed keeping me toes warm i live in a block built house with no central heating and by feck its freezing a tell good old yorskhire weather

well what if you insulated it , put some 50mm or thicker kingspan/cellutex board down , then put ply board over for strength for the floor

line the walls too and same thing again , kingspan on the walls and cover with ply

and to top it iff add in a heat lamp leave on for an hour or so at night to warm it up and insulation should hold the heat in

Guest coney catcher99
Go to www.thedogruncompany.co.uk

I am not cheap but youl get the best mesh panels for your money.

i have to agree hes reasonable and quality my mates got them off him pukka ;)

Guest markbrick1
this wouldnt cost much,but loose the yellow paint,mark

cracking dog pens mate wouldent mind sum of me own like thet i might copy yours as it looks clean and convenient nice one mate :thumbs::boogie::clapper:

ITS NOT ROCKET SCEINCE MATE AND I RECON ITS THE BEST AND CHEAPEST WAY TO GO IVE SEEN TO MANY DOGS EAT WOOD KENNELS,MARK