Have we turned into North Korea

20 minutes ago, kanny said:

but there also seems to be evidence that the police are unwilling to tackle certain crimes and even aiding and abetting some undesirable factions such as antifa ,it was quite evident for example on the March against hate

I could see them backing off in certain areas but a massive grooming scandal in several cities? I just don't see it being more than incompetence and attitudes towards sex crimes in general. The old bill was pretty instrumental in smashing the original Antifa back in 2009. I don't see them giving them a free pass unless it was part of a larger operation but then I do get left out of the loop with local news due to my location.

I like his point about polarisation of any side being unhealthy and far from it being discouraged it seems to be being encouraged

Same and it's been refreshing here on THL that a lot of bickering seems to have calmed down too. Part of wider enlightenment or are we just better at arguing? :laugh:

I found this link from Wired quite poignant.

remember these corporations get a fair bit of slack cut by government regarding things  like tax, if there was real desire loop holes could be closed ,so I don't think its to out the park to consider there maybe "dark" mutual benefiting favours going on between the corporations and and governments .

Absolutely! I read this gem when it was released a couple of days ago but it seems the UK is a tax haven for everyone except the British! Governments taking money from corporations for favourable legislation is nothing new but I just can't accept that it's anything more than mutually beneficial. Running a business is a lot about managing your finances which is something the public sector is absolutely sh*t at. If the government had a hand in running some of these platforms they simply wouldn't work!

Edited by ChrisJones
Additional Link
  • Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Centre-right is persuasive. Far right is loony. If you remove sensible points of view and leave only the loony whack-jobs then you have a nice partisan divide with a clear boundary that everyone can s

Whilst the British government allow hundreds of Isis fighters back into the country and offer them homes and benefits the police arrest these people as they get off the plane ... the reason ... they w

Yep unless your a Muslim immam calling for the deaths of all westerners ... that's ok apparently.......

An MIT study of 126,000 news stories shared on Twitter between 2006 and 2017 has revealed that false stories are 70% more likely to be shared than real ones.

" Though the study did not ask people why they retweeted certain stories, it did find that false stories often triggered strong feelings of disgust and surprise. "