Cleaning advise

On 2/15/2018 at 18:28, Daniel cain said:

Illegal to jab a dog pal, not wise advising it on an open forum:whistling:

Antibiotics also come in a pill form and can be got from most vets  Its not a big issue to keep a dog clean of infection just common sence same as if you had a bad cut yourself and you don't have to tell the world on here how you go about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wideboy said:

Not a dig at you, I can't understand why lads keep dogs but don't keep basic meds like antibiotics. She should of been jabbed that day if she took a lot. For the couple of quid a bottle of betamox costs, it saves in the long run. 

Personally, i cant understand why lads need antibiotics. If you clean the dog out properly, they wont get infected. Never used them myself.

29 minutes ago, fat man said:

Antibiotics also come in a pill form and can be got from most vets  Its not a big issue to keep a dog clean of infection just common sence same as if you had a bad cut yourself and you don't have to tell the world on here how you go about it.

I flush with hibiscus soap then use dry cow in the tubes and amoxicillin tabs, not jabbed a dog of mine with penicillin for 10 yrs?everything you need from local equine shop. Just pointing out that you shouldn't be jabbing dogs, not rocket science to keep a wound clean from infection ?DSC_0259.thumb.JPG.9b953c5c21f59e97f39d409ecb6d357b.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, rob284 said:

Personally, i cant understand why lads need antibiotics. If you clean the dog out properly, they wont get infected. Never used them myself.

Some dogs just do rob,my russell does every now and again even though all is done he'll just get pussy on a few cuts even though i know iv'e cleaned them out where as my plummer never ever has had a gammy wound and she's been bitten in pig shit,cow shit,chicken shit,duck shit you name it shit and never have i had a problem with her..One thing that is worth saying is if some folks are worried about taking a knocked up dog to the vets just remember fox control is legal with terriers and although the vet may not like it it's his tough shit to deal with it morally,i use a livestock vet who happens to be a greyhound vet and he knows and understands the perils of working terriers..

• Like 4