.25 Air Rifle Power FAC recommendations.

16 minutes ago, philpot said:

Very nice but a very low shot count. I love the stock.

Phil

Cheers Phil,   

Does more than 25 more like eighty but when the gun was crono'd  the best 25 only varied by 18fps so i tend to get the gun in this curve when shooting vermin. 

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 14:49, philpot said:

Very nice but a very low shot count. I love the stock.

Phil

At 45ft lb, 25 shots doesn't seem to bad to me, what would you expect and from what size bottle?

Cheers

5 hours ago, Deker said:

At 45ft lb, 25 shots doesn't seem to bad to me, what would you expect and from what size bottle?

Cheers

I have the FX Impact .25 fac producing 95-105 shots per fill at 47.5fpe, not sure what size the bottle is but around 500cc

20170510_222044_zpsbultnqjj.jpg

Phil

After testing most of the .25 pellets available, the best groups went to AA Fields 25.4gr with JSB King Heavy in second however I started testing H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme which gave good results but I confess to sticking with the AA as they just make rabbits simply fall over dead. 

If you go the .25 route Mitch, don't waste money on H&N Grizzly.....................................the worst pellet on the planet, grouping at around 3'' at 25mt so god only knows what they would be like at 40mt let alone 70 - 90mt that the AA will perform to.

Phil

• Like 1