4 replies to this topic

#1 micky

micky

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:33 pm

I set six snares on a railway fence yesterday and this morning picked just one up on the same track the other side of the village i set another half a dozen and again one rabbit all the snares were set on very good runs through the fence and i expected a few more,i think that i should have left them down for 2/3 nights for better results but i cannot get back there until the weekend , still ! a good start to  the season  what  looks like being a stinker .

Attached Files

• mackem and Mr Wilkes like this

#2 ferret110

ferret110

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:58 pm

at least you got some clean ones mate

#3 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:54 pm

Is snaring your main pursuit now Micky ?

#4 The one

The one

Honorary Life President of the THL New Member Welcoming Committe

• Donator
  • 39,114 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:06 pm

Nice way to get clean rabbits 

#5 micky

micky

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:37 am

Is snaring your main pursuit now Micky ?

I like Snaring  , Trapping  ,Longnetting and  Ferreting , one of  my problems is carrying the tackle , you need that much kit to do these field sets  , it is very hilly land and i cannot manage to carry it , one or both of my eldest sons usually come with me but they are both flat out at work , i have a lot of very good land [not that good this year ] and i will never take anyone else on it as i know what will happen, another thing that puts me off is dealing with the catch , i used to sell a lot to pubs but after skinning them ,getting rid of the bits , delivering them, then chasing your money for a couple of weeks then its just not worth it even at a fiver a pop. I do not do it for the money but i have to break even with the expenses.

• Mr Wilkes likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users