Older Ferret Kits Trying To Kill Young Ones

So last night I let the dog out and I could hear my 8 week old kit crying from 30 ft away, because it is so small and can't get up and down the ladder I thought it might have fell down and maybe it can't get up and it is trying to get somebody's attention. So when I opened the cage my larger Hob that is 6 months old had hold of it by the neck and just came over with it in his mouth. Like a dog fetching a rabbit, so I tapped him on the head with my phone, just a quick reaction and he dropped the kit the next thing he tried grabbing him again. So I've had to separate them.

Has anybody else ever had this?

Edited by Hawk17

I was feeding mine raw meat and it still decided to kill and eat the other ferret. Ferret flesh must be tastier than fresh beef mince. Or maybe it was just a bad inclined fcuker? It never attacked my other ferrets. Only killed that one the next day after been moved to other lads house. It could be a territorial thing. It certainly put down a marker that it wasn't going to be pushed around lol.

The next question is do they have plenty grub ?. then hes no trying to kill her and eat her

Of course they have plenty grub, the get alpha ferret food twice daily! The bowl is never empty and they get cat or dog meat on top. They will get rabbit meat too when I get them out working.