Building Work Help

Hey up,

I've got a place over here that needs a lot of building work to make it liveable.

One of the concrete beams has sank so I need to prop up and get an RSJ or I bar. Problem it's 8 feckin meters and no one does them here that long, so I've got to take two 4m and pillar in the middle. Can someone tell me a rough cost for materials etc in UK.

Also if anyone is looking for a bit of plastering work there'll be some in a few months, all expenses and wage paid ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you mean the floor slab, you need to bypass this and put a concrete foot below ground, this transfers and spreads the forces to a hard substrate

Mush, I'll happily build you a pillar mate, as far as cost it wouldnt be a great deal, well in england anyway on mates rates, cant speak for spainish materials. My fee would be extremely lo

You might go to £2000 now, difficult to cost over the web and with the country difference

Posted Images

No mate, you offering? Lol

Basically the architect is in and talking to the Mrs, she's going on about how it will look when it's finished. I'm looking at the fuucking structure ???

He's doing the plans then I'm getting a gang together ;)

Mush,

I'll happily build you a pillar mate, as far as cost it wouldnt be a great deal, well in england anyway on mates rates, cant speak for spainish materials. My fee would be extremely low as it would be a nice thing to do, a bit out of the ordinary with the location!!. My view without seeing it 1st hand is, once the props are in place - Dig your hole and concrete, depth is dependant on ground?? then build the pillar to specification, a typical pillar in the uk would be 2.1mtr high and 325mm wide(brick &1/2) filled with blocks or concrete, the architect may want reinforcing steel bar in it. Padstones to carry the new steels may be required.

• Like 1

How much would be about right (ball park), all done, pillar, RSJ etc. Basically I don't trust these builders here :laugh:

The unit has just claimed it's first victim lol. Clearing all the shit out and a huge, very sturdy well made set of shelves decided to topple over and the top shelf went right down my ankle. 'Kin blood pissing everywhere ?

How wide is the wall Mush .If it exceeds 4 inches you may need 2x rsj bolted together. Here building control would require 30kg gauge steel with minimum size 204 x 120 section .You putting in bifolds there mate .Rough price for materials total job here would be just over a grand as im guessing the walls are solid 400 mm thick . Labour about the same .

Fox I was guessing closer to 10k lol

The support is about 14" wide so yes probs two together. The width of the room is 8m so I've been told that is impossible to get here so I have to do it on two sections.