Help Me Understand Something About Buying Rifles In The Uk

It's not the gun that's a problem it's the people behind it , last weekend here in London four people stabbed to death all separate incidents , another one I think on Tuesday or Wednesday it's not all calm on the streets here .Thats with out the nutcases with motors and knives ...

Wolf a pal of mine was telling me your over run with hogs over there , is that so ? Is there open season on them .?

Just about every state with them has year round open season on them. In Texas it's common practice to shoot them out of helicopters with Saiga 12 'a ( baisically an AK-47 but a 12ga ) loaded with buck shot,there was one where they were using A SAW ( 5.56 belt get squad automatic weapon,) like that's how bad it is in some areas,on the up side all of the meat from these hints for to feed the hungry.

It's funny though that a lot of folks trap them and release them so they have more to hunt (mainly dog hunters). For most of us their just another game animal. .... that we kill with extreme prejudice.

Ooook your point being ? Is a semiauto .223 lotta weapons I can do the same stuff with very easily and most are considers sporting rifles.

Anyhow are their any rifle companies based on the UK ? Seem like y'all have to import everything

Can't think of a major gun company making sporting rifles , there are the top end made to order firms still going , boss , purdey etc just about every thing else is bought in ..someone may come along to prove me wrong but of the top of my head can't think of one , bsa only make air weapons now I believe ..

( the Russian mosins are real popular right now , used to be able to buy a crate of them for $1200 but prices soared recently )

I was in Cabelas last year,they were doing a special on mosin nagants,it was the pound sterling equivalent of around £120 brand new straight from the crate.

Assault rifles ?? Ok I think we have a mix understand here. By millitary surplus in mean older weapons that have been phased out for millitary service. Common examples being mosin nagants,Swiss k31's German mausers,ect.

Trust me I cannot just go into my local pawn shop and buy a legit assult rifle. All the paper work and crap is a pain and to be honest it's easiser to buy one illegally.

But any how its pretty common to buy an old milsurp rifle ( the Russian mosins are real popular right now , used to be able to buy a crate of them for $1200 but prices soared recently ) restock and sportier them. A lot of them make nice sporter rifles. I figured the UK would have some sort of milsurp like the old .303 enfields

Where did that doctor buy his from? Didn't Dylann roof buy his handgun from a pawn shop?? The gun laws in America are ridiculous and so many innocent people die because of them

People don't die because of guns, or the laws that govern them, they die because of people.

A gun is an inanimate object! Metal, plastic and wood.

In Europe in the last year mass muder has been committed by people with kitchen knives, vehicles, and bombs made from household chemicals.

Are the laws governing cars, fertiliser, bleach etc ridiculous? Perhaps we should ban the car? That's a good idea, imagine the lives that would save! Think of all the people who endanger human lofe with tte reckless use of cars! Get rid of them! That's the only sensible option.

It's rank f***ing ignorance spouted by utter idiots like you that have left this country's firearms laws in the shit state they are in!

You may not agree with American firearms law but don't give this guy a hard time because of it.

And also, maybe we should look further into the causes of mass murders, however they are perpetrated, not just blame the horrible, scary piece of metal that the assailant had in his hand, be it a spanner, a knife, a gun, an airplane, a lorry etc etc.

• Like 3