Sign in to follow this  
philpot

Daiwa Slosh 20 Reels

No longer used, two very tough Slosh 20 reels, good condition, 6:1 retrieve, power handles built like a brick outhouse. Superb for kayak, boat, rock or heavy beach work.

DSCF3434_zpsgvnjar5x.jpg

£80 for the pair posted to mainland

Phil

• Like 1

bargain good reels them espeacially for the old rough. I used to have one till I left it in a bag behind the car and drove off with 300 quid of other gear sat in the car park :thumbdown:

I bloody lept out bed the next morning when I suddenly twigged but too late

• Like 2

Yes please Phil.

Ps, first dibs on any other sea gear you may sell ?

• Like 1

bargain good reels them espeacially for the old rough. I used to have one till I left it in a bag behind the car and drove off with 300 quid of other gear sat in the car park :thumbdown:

I bloody lept out bed the next morning when I suddenly twigged but too late

Very good reels mate, I have three or four and love them, go perfect on my 12-20lb ugly sticks

Gutted for you on leaving your gear behind, bet you went through the ceiling when you realised.

• Like 1

yes I used mine on a flat surf beach just comfy for reeling in lots of line. Nice and solid too

Yes please Phil.

Ps, first dibs on any other sea gear you may sell ?

All yours.

I have sold all my Zziplex rods apart from an old 2500 which I will keep. There are a couple of other multiplyers but not sure what is left. I will have a root through tomorrow and let you know.

PM to follow for payment / address details

Phil

zziplex hey bloody posh angler :)

The only sea rod that was not a Zzippy was one of the original Conoflex 'Flattie Fanatic' rods which I still have. Conoflex had to change these rods when the carbon weave was no longer available but the 'new' rods weren't even in the same league as the original. They are worth more now than when they were first made.

I paid £105 for mine new, years and years ago and was offered £150 last year when the guy found out it was one of the original rods.................hmmm makes you think doesn't it.

Phil

Yes and my rods were always clean and shiny :angel:

Phil

• Like 1

all ways had my eye on a zziplex bass but the wife was all ways an obstacle on that one :)

Just be glad you didn't buy one Terry, they are way too stiff with little bite detection although like all Zzippy rods, cast well.

I am a registered casting instructor for 'Sea Angler' magazine and quite a few guys wanted to use my Zzippy rods and after being shown how to use them, quite a few bought them and loved them but never the bass rods. Century and Conoflex made some really nice bass rods but not sure if they still do.

Give Chris at 'Gerry's of Morecambe' a call if you want one as they do a number of quality s/h rods and always worth a phone call. They used to build all my rods to my spec and did a great job.

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/

If you do not own a bass rod and would like to dip your toes in without getting a clout from the wife, try a Rovex bass rod. They make some seriously good and underrated gear. I used their 6' and 7' light boat rods on the kayak and they were really good handling skate and double cod with no effort and the real bonus is they are so cheap.

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/rovex-tideline-bass-11ft-6-3-piece.ir

Phil

• Like 1

Got them today, in excellent condition, well packaged and fast delivery, nice one fella.