Classic Hunting And Best Hunting Weight For .177 Cal`

Firstly, commiserations on not getting any of them back pal. It's VERY frustrating.

I suffered this when I had my s410 and was using lighter pellets in .177 on bunnies and even had runners with headshots.

Perfect placement should have dropped them but not all shots will be perfect so you can say some of it was me not the pellets fault.

As soon as I switched to bis mags the problem stopped. Ok, the parabolic curve was exaggerated slightly but....and this is purely my opinion.... there is slightly more margin for error with a heavyweight.

Again, I'm no scientist, it's just my prefered weight in .177 flavour.

Also, the way I hold the rifle alters as I'm aiming up at crows etc as it tends to naturally want to rest into your shoulder more due to gravity, so with a sensitive springer I find the heavier pellet remedies any handling errors on my part.

Have you tried bis mags in her Mark?

Well im out to night and im putting this 35 to bed im going to take her for a walk about and see how she performs on the rabbits fitting her out with the scopes off the tx200 niko lazer kings these are spot on out to 60mtrs with only one mill dot

if zero,d at 35mtrs .

so a bit of classic hunting for me tonight as i need to put her through her pace's and test her out for Rob before its sent back to him

hear it is again lol

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-83256800-1490436351.jpg

post-63400-0-69843500-1490436362.jpg

post-63400-0-83312000-1490436376.jpg

post-63400-0-26952200-1490436395.jpg

I know Mitch has a great deal of confidence in AA Express and I do for accurate target pinking but I just don't seem to be able to get the results in the field. I'm sure it is me but switching to Bis Mags in .177 and the problem just went, clean kills. I would have thought if it was just my bad shooting (which at times I'm sure it is) I would be off with the Bis Mags as well.

Strangely enough I was down on the dairy farm in daylight the other week shooting ferals off the shed roof tops with good kills, went back the next day, missed every bird I shot at. Same gun, same pellets, same range and a similar kind of day so sometimes it is just us..........................or me.

Phil

Firstly, commiserations on not getting any of them back pal. It's VERY frustrating.

I suffered this when I had my s410 and was using lighter pellets in .177 on bunnies and even had runners with headshots.

Perfect placement should have dropped them but not all shots will be perfect so you can say some of it was me not the pellets fault.

As soon as I switched to bis mags the problem stopped. Ok, the parabolic curve was exaggerated slightly but....and this is purely my opinion.... there is slightly more margin for error with a heavyweight.

Again, I'm no scientist, it's just my prefered weight in .177 flavour.

Also, the way I hold the rifle alters as I'm aiming up at crows etc as it tends to naturally want to rest into your shoulder more due to gravity, so with a sensitive springer I find the heavier pellet remedies any handling errors on my part.

Have you tried bis mags in her Mark?

Not yet Matt as I like a very flat trajectory in woodland spindle.

I might go AA Field 8.4 g - 4.52, as my 100 kt .177 uses these and drops all before it.

• Like 1

Mac, how did the 35 get on with the Rabbits please ?

JSB r`s at 7.33 g, are even lighter than the JSB Express at 7.87 g

??? how did it go mate.

atb Mark.

Shooting wise she did well very well but not on rabbits mate lost the grub screw off the mod and out to 30 yrds she was spot on pellet on pellet but then all of a suden she went to pot turned out the mod was loose this is when i found out the grub screw was lost lol

took the mod off and zeroed her back in and was spot on again hitting the cola can from 30 out to 50yrds every shot and putting the pellet where i was aiming

then she started to snap when i let a shot away new some thing was not right so put her a way

the next day i stripped her out got rid of the titan spring and a few day,s later fitted the new spring and the new piston seal three power washers and now she is spot on again and using AA,,diabolo field 8,4gr a heavyer pellet and she seems to like them

im taking her to get crono,d some time today and its off to the range with her sunday to put her through her pace,s

I like to test them out before i send them back Mark she may even get another field test as well lol

Now all you get is that gentile nudge in the shoulder again ace thats the way i like my springers to be

As you know i hate brake barrel rifles Mark cant stand them and i all ways say i dont want to give them back

but this little rifle is some thing else both the hw35,s iv done have some thing about them my friend that has taking hold of me and well,,,I DONT WANT TO GIVE HER BACK but i know there is a lad just die,ing to get his hands back on this little beauty of a rifle

ANOTHER TRUE CLASSIC THE HW35

people just keep giving me them and i bring them back to life

new coats and new internals

YOUR RIGHT MARK WE NEED A CLASSIC SECTION

AFTER ALL ITS THESE OLD CLASSICS THAT GOT US WHERE WE ARE TODAY MATE

EVEN BEFORE THE PCP,S CAME ON THE SEEN

ALL YOU HAD WAS

RIFLE

RIFLE BAG

POCKET FULL OF PELLETS

OUT THE DOOR AND INTO THE FIELDS

AND IF PLOD SAW YOU HE GAVE YOU A WAVE AND WENT ON HIS WAY

NOW YOUR COVER,D IN RED DOTS AND TOLD TO LAY DOWN WITH YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD LOL

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED .

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS...MODS,, IAN,,,WE NEED A CLASSIC SECTION LADS :thumbs:

• Like 1