Advice On Getting My Terriers To Start Working

I've got a 6 month old Patterdale that Im wanting to start working rabbits with but I was going to start her with abit of ratting first. Am I going in the right direction or is that a bad move

If you want to start it on rabbit then from the moment it can waddle about is fine just get out in the country with it but don't over do it as a pup obviously and make it walk miles but at six months just get out there now. I used to carry mine and put it on the floor while I ran the ferret through any possible holes. I can remember it like it was yesterday and his head cocking to the side when he heard a rumble. He turned into the best rabbiting dog I will ever have just through being out there. You can skip the rats they won't be needed. Mine then proceeded though the quarry list on his own accord and when he was ready.

Make sure you know where any badger sets are and stay away and all ways carry a shovel every time.