jack russell

Guest peterbilt

Guest peterbilt

Hi I am looking to buying a good working earth dog a jack russell from the u.k. and I was wondering where the best place to get them from is?

Here in B.C. we do not have any strain hard enough for taking on Raccoon. I like jack russells and had a good one sold to me (sent) via a dealer and was bred by Chris Hickling of Nottingham. Does anybody know if this guy still breeds? I would like to replace my dead dog with a good u.k. jack, nothing else.

Any help gratefully received thank you all.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hunterside
Hi I am looking to buying a good working earth dog a jack russell from the u.k. and I was wondering where the best place to get them from is?

Here in B.C. we do not have any strain hard enough for taking on Raccoon. I like jack russells and had a good one sold to me (sent) via a dealer and was bred by Chris Hickling of Nottingham. Does anybody know if this guy still breeds? I would like to replace my dead dog with a good u.k. jack, nothing else.

Hi mate,i know chris well,He's got a few pups on at the minute,I will send you his details via pm.Despite what people say about chris,ive known him a long time,he's been a good mate,in all the dogs ive had off him(and ive had a few over the years)not 1 of them has been shit,its all been good stuff,i had a pm recently slating chris and his breeding,which quite frankly i dont pay attention to.And not interested in them who dislike this man.Heres a dog i got off him,he's double bred to his dog ted.This is jake,the pic was taken around when he was 5 mth old,try and get some up to date ones.

Edited by hunterside

chris still breeds ken goulds old stormer line with a mix of his own line .

There is a nice litter in the eastern us you may be interested in. I've not worked the lines myself but am told by some hunters here they are good. pm if you like

Sorry, just saw looking for UK only, so disregard.....

Edited by F.R.
Guest peterbilt

thanks a bunch folks, That is the info I need. There are probably some tough jacks in north america yes, but they are thin on the ground, though i would buy a playstation from the sony store and not from hmv :big_boss: i spose i'm gonna try and replace that dog (i needs a male) which is not really possible anyhow. i just likes them limey dogs, theyr

the shiznit! thanks again

Agree with you Linda, there will be plenty of jacks over there that would suffice and do the job, why go to the time and expense of importing just for the sake of it ?

Mind you if the so called jack russels i seen in b.c. last year were anything to go by they would not work in a month of sunday's never mind in the great canadian outdoors, they were more like cross bred chihuahua's...serious , never seen "russels" like that before or since, lap dogs yes...dogs for doing a bit...most definetly not.

Agree with you Linda, there will be plenty of jacks over there that would suffice and do the job, why go to the time and expense of importing just for the sake of it ?

Mind you if the so called jack russels i seen in b.c. last year were anything to go by they would not work in a month of sunday's never mind in the great canadian outdoors, they were more like cross bred chihuahua's...serious , never seen "russels" like that before or since, lap dogs yes...dogs for doing a bit...most definetly not.

Yeah. Not to start a whizzin' contest over US vs UK Russells, but I've seen quite a few people here working raccoon pretty successfully with US bred Russells. In fact, I know at least one guy in Ontario as well who takes a lot of raccoon and plenty of other quarry with his Russells. He also runs Borders, and last time we were hunting together I asked him which he preferred for 'coon. He told me, "Well the hides are worth more with the Russells." :laugh:

Never seen BC Russells, so can't comment on 'em. But I have seen some 9 pound dogs other places that'll do a fine job. I don't discount 'em purely because of their size. :thumbs:

flame flame flame ,LOUISE GIVE IT A REST,my dogs that shit you nicked some ,door window nice one , there cctv up ,get on with your life I HAVE ,

ive got a great home made dvd which will do the rounds on here all over the internet if you carry on will even send your mam one if you carry on,whats dun is dun, wish you all the best now leave me alone please.

flame is my X an as dun every dirty thing you could think of

Guest hunterside
flame flame flame ,LOUISE GIVE IT A REST,my dogs that shit you nicked some ,door window nice one , there cctv up ,get on with your life I HAVE ,

ive got a great home made dvd which will do the rounds on here all over the internet if you carry on will even send your mam one if you carry on,whats dun is dun, wish you all the best now leave me alone please.

flame is my X an as dun every dirty thing you could think of

Chris,send me a dvd and i will send you 1 of me and our lynn lol :feck: Catch yer later dude. :laugh::laugh:

if that video gets published i want half the royalties and suggest you post it through www.littlewilly.co.uk! on a more serious note i have never stolen a dog from anyone in my life. i have however taken on ones abandoned because of their age or because they were in some peoples eyes a mere crossbreed. everyone beware of the yankee card it can be misused to bump up prices of uk dogs for sale. me and kids got our own dogs and horses again now and our lives moving along very nicely. :boogie: