Weimeraners

Anyone have experience working Weimaraner's ? Thinking of getting one in next coming months and use it to work alongside gun and falcons... Question is are there any reputable breeders of working type rather than kc reg and crufts nuts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate has two.... don't buy in the UK I'm warning you mate, full of poor bred shiite

I know a couple of germans in the office who hunt. I'll ask tomorrow if you're interested

There's really only one Pointer, the rest are just dogs who point   I've seen a few Weims that were good working dogs but they're few and far between these days. Personally I'd rather go with a to

Posted Images

I wanna break the mould so to speak I've seen the odd one on shoots but not many at all and the Mrs will have it in the house .... I've got 2 salukis and a good working cocker bitch in my kennels it she wants the next one in the house.I've had a gsp before and was a good falconry dog could hold a point well.

Edited by flynndog

The weimaraner is now a poor imitation of what it once was, here in the uk anyway.

I had four of them years ago from working lines, all hunted, all held and backed a point, all retrieved (land and water).

They were all a bit tetchy with other dogs and took little provocation to fight.

Good guards and would protect you.

I'd think you would be doing well to source one now with all the above qualities without going abroad.

Biggest downside with them I think is their coat (or lack of it).

• Like 1

Be interesting this.

Personally I'd forget it and get a pointer.

They are pointers.

kassie610-300x157.jpg

TC

I think you know what I ment..

or a hungarian vizsla there supposed to be good gun dogs, not as good as a lab, or springer , but not bad and good with birds of prey , not to big and nice temps from what i read about them :thumbs: