Ready For The Hunt.......

I've been adjusting and practicing with this for a while now. I've always wanted to hunt with it but, first, I wanted it running how like it and, I wanted to be confident in my abilities with it.

It's a .22 TX200hc walnut with a Falcon Menace 4-14x44 ffp scope.

The new paracord sling arrived a few days ago - this makes it very comfy to carry.

The adjustable butt pad gives me perfect alignment.

The insides have had a thorough strip and polish. It now runs with a longer, lightweight ally piston and, a Vmach seal that I've left just a little tight. I've fitted slip washers to each end of the spring and, a small amount of preload.

The spring has had some moly grease, the piston bearings have had dry moly paste.

The result is a nice smooth glide when cocking and, a quick dull thump when firing.

It's now giving 10.99ftlb / 607fps with FAPs (13.43gn)

To say I'm pleased with this is an understatement - it fires very nicely and, I'm now pretty please with my accuracy.

I'll still keep my ranges modest for now but, I can't wait to get out with it :thumbs:

Ps, there's been a lot of trial and error with this home tune but, if you're thinking about doing it, my advice would still be - Do it :)

post-102688-0-14117500-1474108141_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-74759500-1474108155_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

It loves FAPs.

The Menace is a heavy scope but, I don't mind that, I quite like the weight on this set up. The balance point is about a hands width in front of the trigger.

Also, the scope looks a lot longer because it's got the sunshade on at the moment.

looking good jon

nothings getting away with groups like that :thumbs:

are you going to that new perm you got a few weeks back?!

it looks ace there :thumbs:

atb si

Cheers Si,

Yes mate - they let me visit any time so, I'll have a good daytime mooch.

I've had the HW100 there a couple of times in the dark but, I really fancy giving this TX a good go round the woods when it's light :thumbs:

• Like 1

sounds like a plan :thumbs:

took my tx out hunting about a month ago, i was running late and just grabbed it cos it was the only one reddy to go!!

think i need to fit some studs and give it more hunting time because it made a nice change and performed ace :D

only ever used it for practice... I've had a fair few rifles in me time and i still recon this is the most accurate I've ever had!

have fun and look forward to your hunting post :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 1

Stonking group, wish mine were as good with TX. I bet the pellets are a bugger to load with that scope though.

Anyone care to tune mine for me, can't afford sending it off to one of the known tuning guys as much as I would like to.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

Stonking group, wish mine were as good with TX. I bet the pellets are a bugger to load with that scope though.

Anyone care to tune mine for me, can't afford sending it off to one of the known tuning guys as much as I would like to.

Phil

I've had more trouble sorting out me kids nerf guns phil

watch shooting at dawns youtube vids for an insight!!

the tx will be about on the money out of the box... its more down to us !

That`s " proper shooting" Jon , :good:

Compliments to you.

Cheers Mark.

It feels like it's finally clicked for me.

I've always liked this rifle - Now, I love it and I can't wait to get out with it :thumbs:

....... just need work to ease up a bit first :rolleyes::)

Phil

Cheers Phil,

The sun shade does overhang the loading port but, it doesn't cause any problems. I've got the knack of loading it so, it's to thumb the pellet in without looking :)

As far as tuning goes, on such a simple rifle, I really would advise you to go for it - strip it down and take a look :)

I've replied to your post on the 'Tuning kits' thread. Springer tuning seems to be a funny ol' thing - not everyone wants the same thing from a tune so, part of it is figuring out exactly how you want your rifle to feel and perform.

I'm no where near being an airgun tuner - getting my TX to this point has taken a lot of experimenting and swearing :D

• Like 1

Have you tried your TX over some shooting sticks yet Jon ?

The weight of the T Rex really does work in your favour, giving you " pinpoint accuracy".

atb

Not yet mate. I've been getting decent groups off my knee and off my hand while bracing against something.

I have a mono shooting stick - a cheep 1 legged thing.

Because I like to stalk, I've been thinkg about taking that out and putting my wrist in the 'V' then resting the TX in my palm for the shot.

Any tips are always welcome :thumbs: