Form time to time I keep reading on here about these fen dogs swapping hands for vast sums of money or at least the use to .and really can't genuinely work out why can any please enlighten me to reason ? I have seen some of these fen dogs run on these bowling greens called the fens and would be confident there are plenty of dogs out there that are bought for few hundred quid that catch more on harder conditions day after day than these hyped up fen dogs if folk really rate these bowling green runners there must be few dog on here with the price of a small semi house !!

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this winter will be the fifth hunting season for my little bitch, theres 45 years of breeding on her dams side and the same on her sires side, iv spent a lot of time on this bitch, and had a lot of pl

Its how you fetch them on..   I run small land ,fells and moors..   Mines dynamite  

you've obviously never been if you think it's easy , it takes a special type of dog to kill down there

Posted Images

Been said before on here, a dog is worth what some one is willing to pay for it. Lads go out and spend £300 on a night out or 2/300 on apair of trainers, who knows what value or worth some one else puts on something. Handbag dogs, bulldogs what kind of money do people pay for them,or cars at £70/80 Thousand..

• Like 4

Been said before on here, a dog is worth what some one is willing to pay for it. Lads go out and spend £300 on a night out or 2/300 on apair of trainers, who knows what value or worth some one else puts on something. Handbag dogs, bulldogs what kind of money do people pay for them,or cars at £70/80 Thousand..

I think I will buy a Hancock lurcher and run it on the fens be worth millons lol

In your estimation. In my opinion I would question the mental stability of any one buying a Hancock .Still if youve got a tenner to spend crack on :laugh: ,probably be a top line North of the border :whistling:

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

Those hares are something else on the black land especially when they're a couple of years old and wise, I've seen top dogs given the run around down there, but to answer your question those guys who pay that sort of money are gambling with them, so £10,000 for a dog that can catch 3/3 or 5/5 will earn a lot of money, I have to say though it's not my cup of tea and never will be. I like the day out with good company.

• Like 2

Ive run the fens on a few occasions and hauled the odd hare homeward,ive seen dogs running on the fens,Saluki hybrids,that made the majority of mine look 3rd best.I went down the saluki route for a few years because of their Fen prowess,then i chucked my ego into the nearest fen ditch and hunted happier and cheaper,especially as i had 2 to many Saluki mongrels stolen.

Ive run the fens on a few occasions and hauled the odd hare homeward,ive seen dogs running on the fens,Saluki hybrids,that made the majority of mine look 3rd best.I went down the saluki route for a few years because of their Fen prowess,then i chucked my ego into the nearest fen ditch and hunted happier and cheaper,especially as i had 2 to many Saluki mongrels stolen.

How did your deerhound/collie/greyhound types fair on the fens Morton pre ban of course?

How did your deerhound/collie/greyhound types fair on the fens Morton pre ban of course?

First run they would hold their own with any Saluki hybrid and usually beat them to the catch,2nd run they often accounted well for themselves,then the saluki hybrids took it to another level.Bring the Saluki Hybrids into my domain and let them loose on Fell,Dale and Moor and they were always a poor 3rd to the better looking jukels.

• Like 1

you've obviously never been if you think it's easy , it takes a special type of dog to kill down there

aye but take a better type of dog to kill on the heather lad !!

Its a dark secret to the nuggets mucker,we know what we know,dogs that are pish on the moors make very good fen jukels.

First run they would hold their own with any Saluki hybrid and usually beat them to the catch,2nd run they often accounted well for themselves,then the saluki hybrids took it to another level.Bring the Saluki Hybrids into my domain and let them loose on Fell,Dale and Moor and they were always a poor 3rd to the better looking jukels.

Thanks for that. What I expected really.

Thanks for that. What I expected really.

I ran and caught more Hares than god gave me liberty for with my scruffy arsed Deerhoundy,s,then the devil showed me the Saluki hybrid.Ive always thought of myself to be a good Catholic,satan showed me another light,im now a reluctant Catholic.

• Like 1