Holyhead Breakwater

Went up to Anglesey to fish the rocks at Treaduur Bay Monday night but 2 out the 3 lads I went with where sh*tting themselves on the rocks even though there was no swell and a little North Easterly behind us blocked by the rocks. In other words fook all to worry about. So after about an hour of trying to convince them and they will soon get used to it, I gave up. So packed up and headed down the Breakwater but all access was blocked. There was some scouse lad with 2 older fellas sitting around a fire waiting for some lobster to enter their pots, and he said there has been no car access for a while. Was a decent place to fish out of the car if you took the kids or a pair of sh*thouses haha. Anyone know whats going on down there? Seen this happen before about 15 years ago, meaning the gate being locked or them big bolders blocking the path?

Edited by flipbull

I don't blame them lol all ways well wary of the sea. I fished lavernock spit one night with a mate who apparently new it well as a kid. Luckly there was a full moon and I was nearest and saw the water cutting us off so said do think we should leave he saw it and started to panic and run. We were knee deep running off there and when we turned around to look back the bar had gone and water rushing through. I was shaking like a leaf lol as I can't swim anyway

• Like 1

I don't blame them lol all ways well wary of the sea. I fished lavernock spit one night with a mate who apparently new it well as a kid. Luckly there was a full moon and I was nearest and saw the water cutting us off so said do think we should leave he saw it and started to panic and run. We were knee deep running off there and when we turned around to look back the bar had gone and water rushing through. I was shaking like a leaf lol as I can't swim anyway

It was 4 and a half hours before high tide Terry, very bright moon and sea wat flat with no swell. I have full respect for the sea and even though it's unpredictable, you wouldn't of got any safer night to fish mate. Used to take one of my lads the same mark from when he was about 7 years old.

• Like 1
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/anger-holyhead-breakwater-closed-traffic-8114212 it's been closed a while. Was a good venue for those needing easy access, can't help but think the constant litter, fires and fact it constantly stank of piss didn't do anything to make the owners believe it was worth leaving access to though. Edited by gazjon5
  • Like 1