#61 peterhunter86

peterhunter86

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:27 pm

strange that they look in great condition apart from the legs

It finaly takes the legs right off them and then they die,i recon the nesting season won't go to well for them either and i predict a nationwide massive drop in numbers of them the next few years,apart from catching them all and trying to treat it indervidualy i can't see any way of helping them either...
never heard of or seen it on wild birds, but just reading about it there they say it a mite causes it a bit like scaley face on a budgie
if you look at the photo`s i put up, the scaley leg (Mites) are distinguishable from  Fringilla papillomavirus that looks like a build up of warts, shown in the first three pictures.

Is there anything that can be put in water or feeder that could cure it

#62 W. Katchum

W. Katchum

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,783 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:36 pm

As a lad( not that long ago lol) I was told that yellow wagtails come in different races, or types. Lots of greys and pieds here tho
  • Tiercel likes this

#63 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:13 am

It finaly takes the legs right off them and then they die,i recon the nesting season won't go to well for them either and i predict a nationwide massive drop in numbers of them the next few years,apart from catching them all and trying to treat it indervidualy i can't see any way of helping them either...
never heard of or seen it on wild birds, but just reading about it there they say it a mite causes it a bit like scaley face on a budgie
if you look at the photo`s i put up, the scaley leg (Mites) are distinguishable from  Fringilla papillomavirus that looks like a build up of warts, shown in the first three pictures.

scaly leg is easy to cure if you have a license to catch them, the other has no known cure and only effects chaffinch and bramblings 

#64 low plains drifter

low plains drifter

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:45 am

As a lad( not that long ago lol) I was told that yellow wagtails come in different races, or types. Lots of greys and pieds here tho

Heard the same thing said about illegal immigrants

#65 delboy_187

delboy_187

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:03 am

Ill second th herats Stripped sun hearts can't beat it. Give them one winters good feed they always return. More fat in the hearts. A must is only finch feeders as they don't like the compotition

Attached Files

• fireman and bell like this

#66 delboy_187

delboy_187

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:05 am

iv plenty mite Pete good stuff throw it every where baths perches nests Evan threw big amounts of seed.its vgood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users