Zeroing And Grouping Help!

Hi Guys

Have not been at much shooting this year and was using my gun the last 3 days and can't get it to zero or have any type of acceptiabke groups. All seems fine when zeroing at 25 yards. But even at that the groups are about 2 inchs and I use to have my groups at 1 cm.

And at 35 yards there is no pattern to the groupings

I have new mount master mounts and also there seems to be a lot of scope paralax

Nothing in mounts are loose.

I have a tx200 and a mount master scope.

Anyone help me on this issue its appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

• Like 1

Hang a plumb line at your zeroed distance ,

And look thro your scope the top of the vertical line and the bottom should line up( with the plumb line)

If not the further out you shoot you will be off

And make sure your rifle is level as well

Give it a try , hope this helps

Dave

• Like 1

Cant or no cant doesn't explain a big group. Relax, back to basics, light hold, consistent hand placement.

Parallax is a bitch. Low mag will help, as will shorter eye relief, and focus the objective lens so the target and cross hair are crystal.

If you still have big groups then it's not your technique.

• Like 3

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the help scope was chanted pretty bad and also parallax is really bad, seen a scratch in the top of my scope and I asked my brother if he had used my gun and he had and hit the scope of a gate while climbing over it. After my hissy fit at him I am now thinking that along with my technic as well as the scope chanted would my scope be broke and this is causing the parallax?

Thanks

Ryan

Not dieseling as well is it?

Has your brother put any oil near her because the symptoms say dieseling and, or, busted scope , any smoke or smells when you fire the gun Ryan ?

Have you forgiven your brother yet ? :censored:

Edited by mark williams

if you scope got a good bash it could be a problem something may be loose inside .did you clean your gun barrel because of inaccuracy , the cleaning process may have given you the problem also did your brother stab your barrel into the ground . if so he may have or your barrel crown may have gotten damaged in some way . also the pellet thing if you are using a new tin of pellets but your usual brand this could be the problem .

Got my gun working today !!!!! Turns out my scope was broke bought a new nikko sterling mount master same as the old one and groups Down to my usual (not brilliant ) but usual size. Thanks for all the help! Great forum with friendly helpful members

• Like 2