How Many Off Yous Hunt Black And Tans ??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

to me this is not pig ignorants thats hounds being hounds doing the job they where breed for hunting flushing out to gun or lurcher has been the undoing of many a good hound pup ever time a fox leaves

indeed...they do well for themselves...with the odd bit of chaos. if and when i take a litter i want to breed them a fraction steadier more like the fell hounds i know a little bit easier to control o

Hi Krawnden, double tongue is when a hound is giving tongue, usually real heavy deep tongue, and it changes to a different note in the one breath. It is the same for a hound with treble tongue. These

It depends on which breed of hound you are talking about, most harrier men would not let any scarteen breeding into their kennels. The scarteen use alot off kerry breeding using only black and tan harriers, which made them a very good pack. But then it is said that they used a black and tan coon hound for colour and ruined any breeding it was used on. The kerry harrier are a top class hound which comes in all colours including black and tan and tongue that is second to none. Some have double tongue and some of the more older lines have treble tongue.

• Like 1

Yes Rob they did, I've bitches here and they are out off a pure Kerry beagles as you no, they are powerful on a Fox , good voice and great at pushing tight cover whilst searching . So far so good with them as they only 2next month ...

• Like 1

Fran, I find my 2 pups are very head strong , pig ignorant on a hunt , if ones missed and they get out on it , you Have a long wait as they will hunt til they run it to ground . They not marking but showing signs . Hunting mad so long may it continue

I had a black and tan dog from cavan, he would hunt hard and keep going on a drag an hour later. I got a litter of pups out of him i had a black tan bitch and dog. I drafter them out at 12months old the bitch is very hard headed and will not give up on a line. Well the dog had pure drive and fantasit cry. I also have a black and tan bitch in kennels now from tipperery she steady turning 12months this month she ready for working this winter. Cwn-hela