Sign in to follow this  
engr82

Castrated Border

I have just had to get my 10 month old border done because he was marking in the house but I was wondering from your experiences if he will still be anygood to work?

• Like 2

I have just had to get my 10 month old border done because he was marking in the house but I was wondering from your experiences if he will still be anygood to work?

shouldn't stop him working if its in him but know someone who did same to there terrier at 2yrs old and still cocks is leg in house atb

Yeah he has got it in him as he chases down rabbits and anything smaller than him which moves.

glad to hear he should be ok and once the stiches are out he will be!

Iv heard it doesnt always stop them doing it but iv done what the mrs has hassled me into doing so fingers crossed he stops!

Did it stop him pissing or will his leg be going back up when the tenderness wears off?

I bloody hope it works but he only had it done yesterday so hes still walking like a cowboy!

I think a kick up the arse would have been more effective but good luck with it.

• Like 3

Yeah believe me it wasn't my choice, my missus was going mad with him pissing up the sofa and it was either that or get rid of the dog ffs!

It has worked so far touch wood.

It most likely wont affect his ability to work. However, over time you may find it impossible to strip his coat. They often go thick and soft after neutering over time. When clipped they are completely non weatherproof and will be useless for working is the poorer weather. Also be aware that he will be more inclined to gain weight.

It stopped my russell he was a pissy little fecker he still works but I do regret it though I wish I could ave a pup off him now :(

post-96686-0-95540700-1426669195.jpg

Yeah il run him around everyday so he shouldnt put weight on but I guess I cant help it of his coat ends up shit which would be a shame as its a one good now.

Glad to hear it didnt effect your jack anyway lee.

• Like 1