95 replies to this topic

#76 Philluk

Philluk

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:19 pm

Yea I agree with that cc but there is a massive difference of putting a net on a hole over the fence, or letting your dog do that bush 3 feet over the hedge to deliberately going out multiple times to take deer, getting caught and being set free to do it again, punishment is about a deterrent to others, is that?

Don't get me wrong I was a whip in a fox hound pack and we were short of foxes in South ayrshire where I was and there was a guy who was the local rogue he used to take foxes and if you chat to him he will tell you the stories of standing in the rivers with a pitch fork to catch the salmon as they came up, and yes I probably learnt a lot from him leaning on a bar talking. But then Ronnie and Reggie were known to be characters in their own right.

Right or wrong on a deer management forum we need to be seen to do it right.

#77 charlie caller

charlie caller

Triple Two Fan

• Donator
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:24 pm

Point taken mate, and as said one for the pot is one thing, commercial poaching quite something else.

#78 ftm

ftm

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:53 pm

some of you lads take life too seriously -take a chill pill and just "hope" your still around at this old fellas age  -i for one dont give a flying fck if he is taking deer off a large greedy mans estate

Still stealing though isn't it?
How would you feel if it was someone pinching stuff out of your garage or garden, just because you have more than him?
The landowner may have land and money but that doesn't mean it's ok to steal from him surely?
I'm amazed at the double standards on here, if anyone here had poachers on their permission they would be up in arms and shouting about it, calling the coppers and wanting something done.
Just because it's an old boy versus a rich landowner it's suddenly ok? Absolute rubbish!
He is a thief, convicted multiple times and still doing it yet people admire him?
Poaching isn't an innocent crime, one deer may not be much in the grand scheme of things but it's just the tip of the iceberg. How many has he had over the years? Not out of necessity to feed himself either, just to buy a house, car and personalised number plates! Remember that when some smackhead burgles your house to get his next fix. Same thing.

but this is nowt like a smackheed burgling a house! just a few deer that most  big  landowners dont even know about  haway man get a grip  on lifes real issues

• charlie caller and chris87 like this

#79 timmytree

timmytree

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:14 pm

some of you lads take life too seriously -take a chill pill and just "hope" your still around at this old fellas age  -i for one dont give a flying fck if he is taking deer off a large greedy mans estate

Still stealing though isn't it?
How would you feel if it was someone pinching stuff out of your garage or garden, just because you have more than him?
The landowner may have land and money but that doesn't mean it's ok to steal from him surely?
I'm amazed at the double standards on here, if anyone here had poachers on their permission they would be up in arms and shouting about it, calling the coppers and wanting something done.
Just because it's an old boy versus a rich landowner it's suddenly ok? Absolute rubbish!
He is a thief, convicted multiple times and still doing it yet people admire him?
Poaching isn't an innocent crime, one deer may not be much in the grand scheme of things but it's just the tip of the iceberg. How many has he had over the years? Not out of necessity to feed himself either, just to buy a house, car and personalised number plates! Remember that when some smackhead burgles your house to get his next fix. Same thing.

but this is nowt like a smackheed burgling a house! just a few deer that most  big  landowners dont even know about  haway man get a grip  on lifes real issues

A smackhead NEEDS to steal for his next fix, this thief is stealing to fund his lifestyle, his house, his car and plates reading 5tag. He is a career criminal with multiple convictions and you can defend him?
Don't get these misty eyed notions that poaching is a victimless crime, it isn't. It's organised theft on a big scale. This bloke may be 70 but I think he should have had his guns and licence removed years ago. He had somewhere to shoot legitimately but still shot over someone elses land and stole their deer. What is so hard to understand about that?
  • Philluk likes this

#80 comanche

comanche

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:35 pm

To quote the judge,"bearing mind the good works for the community".   According to a mate -who should know ;that's "apronese" :)

#81 timmytree

timmytree

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:48 pm

To quote the judge,"bearing mind the good works for the community".   According to a mate -who should know ;that's "apronese" :)

Good in the community?
So was Jimmy Saville until they caught him out kiddie fiddling.
The bloke is a career criminal, thief. That's it Likeable rogue maybe but still a thief.

#82 torchey

torchey

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:17 pm

Still stealing though isn't it?How would you feel if it was someone pinching stuff out of your garage or garden, just because you have more than him?The landowner may have land and money but that doesn't mean it's ok to steal from him surely?I'm amazed at the double standards on here, if anyone here had poachers on their permission they would be up in arms and shouting about it, calling the coppers and wanting something done.Just because it's an old boy versus a rich landowner it's suddenly ok? Absolute rubbish!He is a thief, convicted multiple times and still doing it yet people admire him?Poaching isn't an innocent crime, one deer may not be much in the grand scheme of things but it's just the tip of the iceberg. How many has he had over the years? Not out of necessity to feed himself either, just to buy a house, car and personalised number plates! Remember that when some smackhead burgles your house to get his next fix. Same thing.
A smackhead NEEDS to steal for his next fix, this thief is stealing to fund his lifestyle, his house, his car and plates reading 5tag. He is a career criminal with multiple convictions and you can defend him?Don't get these misty eyed notions that poaching is a victimless crime, it isn't. It's organised theft on a big scale. This bloke may be 70 but I think he should have had his guns and licence removed years ago. He had somewhere to shoot legitimately but still shot over someone elses land and stole their deer. What is so hard to understand about that?

Do you think if he,s a proper ........career criminal......he,d still have his licence ,doubt it no matter what age.....and how your comparing him to smack heads is beyond me.....
  • ftm likes this

#83 timmytree

timmytree

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:27 pm

Bloody hell, he's been convicted at least 7 times, poaching, shooting on someone elses land, stealing someone elses deer. Armed trespass, all to fund his lifestyle, not to keep him and his family fed but to make money, is that so hard to understand?
A druggie is no more or less a thief! When you get burgled and the scrote just gets community service for a 5th offence remember what you said on here. The poacher is stealing just as surely as someone who breaks into your house!

#84 torchey

torchey

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:31 pm

We all think different I wouldn't call a poacher a thief ...I would call him a poacher lol
  • Born Hunter, ftm and chris87 like this

#85 timmytree

timmytree

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:36 pm

We all think different I wouldn't call a poacher a thief ...I would call him a poacher lol

We'll have a beer and discuss it one day, but a poacher is a thief. No argument!

#86 Philluk

Philluk

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:40 pm

Definition of a poacher

"Poaching" has traditionally been defined as the illegal hunting, killing, or capturing of wild animals.

The word illegal may give it away

Trouble is this guy when asked if he was done poaching winked and said of course

So he will be out again soon.

Edited by Philluk, 08 February 2015 - 10:50 pm.

• rodp likes this

#87 torchey

torchey

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:50 pm

I,ve got probably three thousand acres of permission and to think that it does,t get poached is stupidity ....they maybe trespassers but how you can be a thief for taking something that no one owns.......so I think I,d have to skip on the pint cause we ain't going to agree lol
  • chris87 likes this

#88 timmytree

timmytree

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:03 pm

I,ve got probably three thousand acres of permission and to think that it does,t get poached is stupidity ....they maybe trespassers but how you can be a thief for taking something that no one owns.......so I think I,d have to skip on the pint cause we ain't going to agree lol

Might be best, because I protect my permissions and poachers aren't tolerated because they are common criminals, nothing more , nothing less. One got caught last year and lost his 4x4, he won't come back again.
Something no one owns? He was stealing pheasants from the shoot on the land I shoot over, pheasants that someone else paid for, shooting hares that only I am allowed to take. He's a lowlife criminal no better than a drug addict stealing for a fix.

#89 torchey

torchey

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:06 pm

Get a grip ffs....
  • Born Hunter, RossM, Ideation and 2 others like this

#90 timmytree

timmytree

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:19 pm

Get a grip ffs....

That means you lost the argument then. Poachers are criminals, same league as druggies and shoplifters, burglars and housebreakers. What a shame they don't get a decent sentence. The Judge was an idiot.
  • chris87 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users