Question for Keepers

Robbed? .Considering the poor rearing season ,prices havnt changed much over the last 3 years .

i guess as alot of farms got washed out im glad i got any at all... im a beliver of you usualy get what you pay for.. pay peanuts and ya get monkeys..

Guest The Big Fish
I get day olds for about 25 p each

Are you absoloutley sure that is accurate? :hmm:

10 years ago they used to be eighty pence for a day old pheasant and even if your hatching your own, there is no way on this earth that you can produce a pheasant chick for 25 pence, WELL i suppose if you stole the egg and had free electric to incubate it, then maybe.... :hmm:

Guest little_lloyd

10 years ago they used to be eighty pence for a day old pheasant and even if your hatching your own, there is no way on this earth that you can produce a pheasant chick for 25 pence, WELL i suppose if you stole the egg and had free electric to incubate it, then maybe.... :hmm:

My mate runs a game farm :thumbs:

my mate has a gme farm aswell and i'v just been speakin to him about this subject he pays 50p per day old and he puts them out 6 weeks pluss at 3.50...top quality birds mind :thumbs:

FECK MY MATE RUNS A Macdonalds BUT I DONT GET A BIG MAC FOR 25 PENCE

i find 25 p a chick hard to believe unless there late in the season when the incubating is nearly over and the last eggs are being collected we have 17000 chicks a season and 8000 poults delivered even when we do are own eggs were still dearer than that. it costs us 40p just for a egg feed is also set to go higher next year were paying around 160 a ton at the moment some places are paying close too 220 here we have ten ton at a time we gave 320 for duck poults we had 50 for a string off 3 lakes we have i counted 150 the other night so it seems there calling a few in now

• 1 month later...
Whats your shoot normally paying for young birds.............also what are you paying for a ton of feed?

Cheers lads

Poults are about £3.00-£3.75 depending how they are reared on grass or just housed commercial size game farms. And the foo depends on what make you have anything from £200-£400 for the best also how much of it you order you might get a deal..