I am interested to see how good people are with their catties. Obviously we've all seen BPR's shooting, which is impressive, but I'd like to know if that's everyone's standard or top end.

I'll start, I have phases with the cattie where I use it everyday but then months where I don't even pick it up, I do ok but would like to do better. I've shot a fair few quarry species over the years but I've shot at a lot more than I've hit! I used to plink a lot as practice but have recently set up a little range in my workshop. I can hit a three inch target most of the time at 10 yards but have just changed target to a tea spoon and had to move to 5 yards where I am hitting it maybe half the time, once I can do that the majority of the time I'll move back to 10 yards and start again.

How about you?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This?  

That's good going, had a few young rabbits recently for work but hardly had time to do anything hence putting the range in the workshop as that's where i spend all my time at the moment! I find phases

I'm surprised so few people have replied to this   So far we have;   Me - 3" target at 10 yards 75% of the time   Youcanthide - 3" target at 10 yards 99% of the time   BPR / scheme sport - I

That's good going, had a few young rabbits recently for work but hardly had time to do anything hence putting the range in the workshop as that's where i spend all my time at the moment! I find phases where i use the catty a lot seem to coincide with the lurchers breaking, makes lead walks less dull.

• Like 2

I'm surprised so few people have replied to this :huh:

So far we have;

Me - 3" target at 10 yards 75% of the time

Youcanthide - 3" target at 10 yards 99% of the time

BPR / scheme sport - I don't know exactly but looks like 1" target at 10 yards 100% of the time (show off ;))

Ruggers - up for a challenge! Tell us where you're at now?

I've seen Ocset shoot and he's pretty good too

I don't really know where I'm going with this, was just thinking there's more topics about making them than shooting them so thought I'd ask. So far I'm the worst which is reassuring lol

• Like 2

Tyla I'm not BPR..... I just share the videos from the YouTube.

Seems he does miss afterall!....

Is that chalk in season? :hmm:

:laugh:

• Like 2

Sorry scheme sport, thought you were one and the same

Bazil Brush - agreed, I have no doubt everyone misses sometimes, I was only joking about the 100% bit. I was, however, seriously impressed with the video shooting targets in the garage, that was some consistent shooting. Seen plenty of kill shot videos but it doesn't show how many were missed to get that one vid. That's why the target shooting one got me interested and inspired this post

gafer - that's good, so I'm still the worst so far lol

Sorry scheme sport, thought you were one and the same

Bazil Brush - agreed, I have no doubt everyone misses sometimes, I was only joking about the 100% bit. I was, however, seriously impressed with the video shooting targets in the garage, that was some consistent shooting. Seen plenty of kill shot videos but it doesn't show how many were missed to get that one vid. That's why the target shooting one got me interested and inspired this post

gafer - that's good, so I'm still the worst so far lol

if i have a week off shooting then try i am utter bollox lol