Summer Boot / Desert Boots?

I've sacked off my Dovre Extremes as they aren't quite the right fit for me and give me tendonitis. Come Winter I'll probably replace with Altbergs.

Anyway, I need a decent summer boot and quite fancy the Desert Fox. What they like folks. Lads in forces should be able to help as I believe they were standard issue at one point?

I don't care about waterproofing, just want something robust, cool (temp not cred :D ) and low maintenance. I almost exclusively wear wellies for wet weather.

I've sacked off my Dovre Extremes as they aren't quite the right fit for me and give me tendonitis. Come Winter I'll probably replace with Altbergs.

Anyway, I need a decent summer boot and quite fancy the Desert Fox. What they like folks. Lads in forces should be able to help as I believe they were standard issue at one point?

I don't care about waterproofing, just want something robust, cool (temp not cred :D ) and low maintenance. I almost exclusively wear wellies for wet weather.

The miendil boots are good quality boot.

Only thing don't like about lowa, they are always dead heavy for a summer boot.

The lowa aren't really a summer boot

I don't really like wearing desert boots except in the desert.

You prob better off buying a cheap KSB gore tex boot for the summer

Thanks for all the advice lads. I really thought about desert boots simply because I thought they would be the coolest boot to wear in dry summer weather? And even if I got a bit wet should dry out? My feet sweat badly in wellies or leather boots in the summer and quite frankly I'd rather have something that has good ventilation than is waterproof. Basically I'm looking for something robust to replace trainers in the summer. Also the military issue boots can be bought as surplus in reasonable knick for less than half the retail price....

I'll have a ponder in light of your comments/suggestions. :thumbs:

Hot Meat, that's a kind offer. If I plan to end up that way I'll be in touch. Bit of ferreting or something would be nice as I haven't done much the past few years with the lads that helped me packing it up. :thumbs:

Jungle boots are the way to go imo

cool,light and water proof.

if desert boots get wet through they wont dry off on your feet for a long time,and if your out for a very long time and it'll be a pain in the arse.

I learned that the hard way on a summer time survival course a couple of year ago

on the downside they will need polishing.

if desert boots get wet through they wont dry off on your feet for a long time,and if your out for a very long time and it'll be a pain in the arse.

I learned that the hard way on a summer time survival course a couple of year ago

Jungle boots.

Are ok mate.

Use wear them on camp and grizz some exercises out with them.

Only thing is in uk if it's damp ur feet will be piss wet through straight away.

Wet isn't a great concern of mine with these, any wet weather and I'd just put wellies on. Literally just want a boot for dry and hot weather, something my feet aren't going to saturate with sweat in but still provide the reasonable degree of protection and support a boot gives over trainer type footwear. The odd time I might get wet feet I will just put up with it. I don't have any great intentions for these boots other than dog walking, short summer trecks and shoot work etc.

Thanks for all the advice lads. I really thought about desert boots simply because I thought they would be the coolest boot to wear in dry summer weather? And even if I got a bit wet should dry out? My feet sweat badly in wellies or leather boots in the summer and quite frankly I'd rather have something that has good ventilation than is waterproof. Basically I'm looking for something robust to replace trainers in the summer. Also the military issue boots can be bought as surplus in reasonable knick for less than half the retail price....

I'll have a ponder in light of your comments/suggestions. :thumbs:

Hot Meat, that's a kind offer. If I plan to end up that way I'll be in touch. Bit of ferreting or something would be nice as I haven't done much the past few years with the lads that helped me packing it up. :thumbs:

i wear the army ones --good summer boot meindl multigrip

• Like 1

Jungle boots.

Are ok mate.

Use wear them on camp and grizz some exercises out with them.

Only thing is in uk if it's damp ur feet will be piss wet through straight away.

they're more waterproof than any deserts I've had.

and bornhunter; you may not think wet feet is a problem now but give it a couple of hours in the field with your feet literally piss wet through from just walking in damp long grass,it is worth investing.

or maybe you just need to learn the hard way lol

• Like 1

Not like it would be the first time I've had wet feet or worn boots lol. Like I said, if the ground is wet I'll wear wellies. I can last a dog walk with wet feet if it suddenly goes from a glorious summers day to terrential rain.

Mill tec desert boots are cheap and more than up to the job. They are the budget cheap and cheerful of desert boots but for what you want they are absolutely fine and cost about £40. The other option for about £40 are Karrimor Skido KSB, These are good boots, don't let the make or price put you off. Comfy from the off and they really do become like a pair of slippers and exceptionally light weight. For summer depending on what your doing, you may be better off with a pair of walking/exploration shoes, you don't even know you've got them on. :thumbs:

• Like 1