44 replies to this topic

#31 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:19 am

I have an EKA that I use but need to sort out my wife's present to me & thought she should go the full nine yards & get me a really nice knife ....to be fair the only input she has is putting her monica on the wrapping ,the same as my input on her present ... 

Rich just get each other a play toy for the new pup !!! :whistling: :whistling:

#32 Gin

Gin

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:45 am

Matt (Midnight ) does have a few personal problems just now, but he is trying to get some knives ready.

#33 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:31 pm

Matt (Midnight ) does have a few personal problems just now, but he is trying to get some knives ready.

Gin , knives come a poor second to trouble ,hope he gets it all sorted.I've done without one for the past 40 years so if I need to wait till he's sorted so be it ...I wish him well ..he does have an awesome talent ..

• paulus likes this

#34 beast

beast

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:52 pm

http://www.butcherse...-4-colours.html

yep i'm tight, but i just use one of these. does all i want and decent enough quality for me. admittedly i'm not using it as extensively as some of you blokes, but might appeal to your wife sussex as they are only £9 and you did say she is scottish?  :laugh:

#35 martin

martin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:56 pm

yep i'm tight, but i just use one of these. does all i want and decent enough quality for me. admittedly i'm not using it as extensively as some of you blokes, but might appeal to your wife sussex as they are only £9 and you did say she is scottish?  :laugh:

Not tight mate just sensible,that is what I use in the larder so if you have a decent sheath why not use them in the field,they are great knives and easy to keep sharp.

Martin

#36 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:26 am

Not tight mate just sensible,that is what I use in the larder so if you have a decent sheath why not use them in the field,they are great knives and easy to keep sharp.

Martin

And less costly if you lose or leave one behind some where ..that's right i think Martin is'nt it.

#37 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:30 am

moira clipper carbon is not much dearer with a sheath for everyday use, but there not in the same class as a bench or hand made knife, its like wearing your Sunday best  :laugh:

#38 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:42 am

Beast they are the ones I use in the larder ,great knives ....I buy them of a little firm 5min from where I live .Wealden Packaging , there butchers suppliers , got every thing from knives to hog casings ...think they are cheaper at about £6...my wife would buy the white plastic disposable ones given the chance !!  :laugh:

#39 martin

martin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:42 pm

Beast they are the ones I use in the larder ,great knives ....I buy them of a little firm 5min from where I live .Wealden Packaging , there butchers suppliers , got every thing from knives to hog casings ...think they are cheaper at about £6...my wife would buy the white plastic disposable ones given the chance !!  :laugh:

Do you mean Weald Packaging,cos always looking for cheaper suppliers.

Martin

#40 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:31 pm

That's them Martin ! ...good little firm ...don't know how they compare to other firm but got to be worth a look .. 

#41 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:23 pm

Update Martin ...they ain't any cheaper , bought 2 boning knives tonight cost £20 ...still quality knives for the dosh !

#42 foxdropper

foxdropper

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:42 pm

Not too keen on spending a oner on something i am likely to lose so stick to the cheaper buck knives 

#43 martin

martin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:03 pm

Update Martin ...they ain't any cheaper , bought 2 boning knives tonight cost £20 ...still quality knives for the dosh !

Just spoke to Tony Willmott and he seems a nice sort and has said he will send me some samples so will let you know what happens.

Martin

#44 little lamper

little lamper

Rookie Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:27 pm

wow some really nice looking knifes there they look realy sharp

#45 Terrier Sam

Terrier Sam

Mega Hunter