Sign in to follow this  
sussex

Stalking Knives

I have an EKA that I use but need to sort out my wife's present to me & thought she should go the full nine yards & get me a really nice knife ....to be fair the only input she has is putting her monica on the wrapping ,the same as my input on her present ...

Rich just get each other a play toy for the new pup !!! :whistling: :whistling:

Matt (Midnight ) does have a few personal problems just now, but he is trying to get some knives ready.

Matt (Midnight ) does have a few personal problems just now, but he is trying to get some knives ready.

Gin , knives come a poor second to trouble ,hope he gets it all sorted.I've done without one for the past 40 years so if I need to wait till he's sorted so be it ...I wish him well ..he does have an awesome talent ..

• Like 1

http://www.butchersequipment.co.uk/victorinox-boning-knife-6-15cm-4-colours.html

yep i'm tight, but i just use one of these. does all i want and decent enough quality for me. admittedly i'm not using it as extensively as some of you blokes, but might appeal to your wife sussex as they are only £9 and you did say she is scottish? :laugh:

Not tight mate just sensible,that is what I use in the larder so if you have a decent sheath why not use them in the field,they are great knives and easy to keep sharp.

Martin

http://www.butchersequipment.co.uk/victorinox-boning-knife-6-15cm-4-colours.html

yep i'm tight, but i just use one of these. does all i want and decent enough quality for me. admittedly i'm not using it as extensively as some of you blokes, but might appeal to your wife sussex as they are only £9 and you did say she is scottish? :laugh:

Not tight mate just sensible,that is what I use in the larder so if you have a decent sheath why not use them in the field,they are great knives and easy to keep sharp.

Martin

And less costly if you lose or leave one behind some where ..that's right i think Martin is'nt it.

moira clipper carbon is not much dearer with a sheath for everyday use, but there not in the same class as a bench or hand made knife, its like wearing your Sunday best :laugh:

Beast they are the ones I use in the larder ,great knives ....I buy them of a little firm 5min from where I live .Wealden Packaging , there butchers suppliers , got every thing from knives to hog casings ...think they are cheaper at about £6...my wife would buy the white plastic disposable ones given the chance !! :laugh:

Beast they are the ones I use in the larder ,great knives ....I buy them of a little firm 5min from where I live .Wealden Packaging , there butchers suppliers , got every thing from knives to hog casings ...think they are cheaper at about £6...my wife would buy the white plastic disposable ones given the chance !! :laugh:

Do you mean Weald Packaging,cos always looking for cheaper suppliers.

Martin

That's them Martin ! ...good little firm ...don't know how they compare to other firm but got to be worth a look ..

Update Martin ...they ain't any cheaper , bought 2 boning knives tonight cost £20 ...still quality knives for the dosh !

Not too keen on spending a oner on something i am likely to lose so stick to the cheaper buck knives

Update Martin ...they ain't any cheaper , bought 2 boning knives tonight cost £20 ...still quality knives for the dosh !

Just spoke to Tony Willmott and he seems a nice sort and has said he will send me some samples so will let you know what happens.

Martin