Sign in to follow this  
Tiercel

A New Lightweight Net

I usually use agouti's twine and have seen that twine on the bay, think i'll buy a couple of spools and knock some up

thought it was that net when I saw it for sale, cheep net that mate..... :thumbs:

whats the best way to load your needles off this allan (despool) ???

Believe it or not I use the handle of a cricket bat with the bat stuck in a vice. this allows the spool to rotate around the bat handle.

TC

whats the best way to load your needles off this allan (despool) ???

Believe it or not I use the handle of a cricket bat with the bat stuck in a vice. this allows the spool to rotate around the bat handle.

TC

the bat being horizontal rather than vertical

Y.I.S Leeview

I use it vertically. Thé base of thé spool rotates nicely on thé collar of thé bat.

can you not just stand it up on the floor and peel it off allan.i just bought a spool so need to know lol.if on the bat handle do you take it off clockwise or anti allan ??

Clockwise to do it anticlockwise turn the spool upsidedown. If you put it on the floor and pull up it will twist.

TC

I might get a spool of that. Not done much since the 25yd trad about 3 month ago. How many yards would you get out of it TC on a 4.25 board?

I might get a spool of that. Not done much since the 25yd trad about 3 month ago. How many yards would you get out of it TC on a 4.25 board?

Blooxy phone!!!

13 meshes deep for tbe body of tbe net should give you a 50 yard net excluding selvedge.

TC

Resized too small :icon_redface:. The brown is long net twine, but its quite loose woven so it looks just as thick but its not.. The other 3 are purse twines..

post-45598-0-07404800-1385733700.jpg