What Time Of Year Are Harrisses For Sale?

potpoacher

Well lets hope its a flash in the pan so to speak, off to meet a landowner on sat morn to be shown round a new permission, so hopefully there wont be any about there, I need to check the state of some other permissions I have and not been on for a while :icon_redface: as shooting and ferreting bunnies has taken rather a backseat over the last couple of years, with foxing and deerstalking taking priority,but this year with the new bird I will be bang at it again, yep will put some pictures up when I get him, think I might call him Bubba, good old hillbilly name that suits a redtail I think :yes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

to be honest mate most owls are better of in a huge aviary doing feeck all as most are useless unless you want to eat worms and mice lol....if you want to fly a cast of Harris hawks then get the Harri

This is the advice you need to look at thing with breeding owls is when they breed you will need to imprint the eyeasses because it is nearly impossible to tame a pr owl and by your questions I wouldn

only advice i can give mate is if your inexperienced with pob don't try breeding them..

Well lets hope its a flash in the pan so to speak, off to meet a landowner on sat morn to be shown round a new permission, so hopefully there wont be any about there, I need to check the state of some other permissions I have and not been on for a while :icon_redface: as shooting and ferreting bunnies has taken rather a backseat over the last couple of years, with foxing and deerstalking taking priority,but this year with the new bird I will be bang at it again, yep will put some pictures up when I get him, think I might call him Bubba, good old hillbilly name that suits a redtail I think :yes:

lets hope them permissions turn out good then.

Bubba sounds a good name, sure you wont be calling him that though during initial training ha, might have to change his name to b*****d or something along those lines :whistling:

• Like 1

Be good to hear the exploits of a young redtail from picking up to first kill make sure you do a thread.

• Like 1

Be good to hear the exploits of a young redtail from picking up to first kill make sure you do a thread.

Are you going to do a thread this year, wouldnt mind reading about your spar :icon_redface:

Hopefully if all goes to plan i should get a thread started and try keep it updated

Bubba sounds a good name, sure you wont be calling him that though during initial training ha, might have to change his name to b*****d or something along those lines :whistling:

what me? don't be ridiculous man, I have the patience of a saint :whistling: haha yes I have just purchased a new flask, as I expect to be sitting under trees, for protracted periods of time, but it is a male and I recall my mates redtail being well behaved in that respect, but oh when he switched on he tried and usually succeeded in killing everything that moved, you got to love the redtails, cany wait to get him out on the lamp :thumbs:

• Like 1

what me? don't be ridiculous man, I have the patience of a saint :whistling: haha yes I have just purchased a new flask, as I expect to be sitting under trees, for protracted periods of time, but it is a male and I recall my mates redtail being well behaved in that respect, but oh when he switched on he tried and usually succeeded in killing everything that moved, you got to love the redtails, cany wait to get him out on the lamp :thumbs:

Bought a new flask lol

i will be getting a few lamping sessions in when the nights get too short to have him out in the day, only ever tried it once with the hawk and didnt turn out too well, so im hoping for a better try this year

can you tell me a bit more about moulting out and lamping with harrises and redtails? is there any difference between a harris and a redtail when it comes to lamping? 1 last question, can you fly reds in a cast? I presume that you cant, its only harrises but just checking. ;)