Bstard Fox.

Didnt mean to get you on your high horse Big Daz but since your up there then let me answer you.......Do i think your pets could catch a fox....maybe.....out of a hundred i'd say maybe 5 and thats due to old foxes mistake. Do i think they could kill a fox...yes with ease..... No ive never owned a weimaraner nor would i f***ing want too. You can call my Labs fat all you like pal....its you thats talking shite on that department though... :yes:

Any chance of a pic though cause honestly ive never seen a fit one........ :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last half hour of light I walked the fields around my house, the area is called waterlands and its well named its a mixture of ponds, marshes and ditches, it rarely drys completely and certainly isn't

Problem is joe public think they are these sweet animals that eat berries and slugs. Antis have made this possible with there propaganda machines. Imo there should be a pinned topic on the thl that sh

Ok guys, one more post, lab, the fat lab post was a stab at humour, guess that's the curse of the internet, you sit chuckling to yourself whilst you type, but its not perceived as funny when it hits t

Got to laugh at the experts on here

Dont pay them no heed daz I've seen first hand what gsp and weimaraner can do and I had a fair bit of humble pie to eat after the slagging I gave the lads as own them.

• Like 4

Funny the amount of times having an opinion on here results in someone being 'labelled' an expert...not an expert mate...just having an opinion... :thumbs: And I certainly don't need to defend anything I've said, Unlike others who've spent hours justifying their own viewpoint...atb... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Funny the amount of times having an opinion on here results in someone being 'labelled' an expert...not an expert mate...just having an opinion... :thumbs: And I certainly don't need to defend anything I've said, Unlike others who've spent hours justifying their own viewpoint...atb... :thumbs:

Funny for some one not defending what they said you sure got this post up quick lol

• Like 2

Dont pay them no heed daz I've seen first hand what gsp and weimaraner can do and I had a fair bit of humble pie to eat after the slagging I gave the lads as own them.

Well mate i'm the same as Borderscot....ive said my opinion. I jokingly said "Have to catch it first" and i recieved a few snippy comments. Not that i worry about that i'm happy to debate stuff. Now these GSP and weimaraners that you have seen...? Theyve coursed and killed foxes have they? Cheers... :thumbs: I'm not taking about retrieving...my big dog does that as a wee party piece on shoot day.... :D

Well mate i'm the same as Borderscot....ive said my opinion. I jokingly said "Have to catch it first" and i recieved a few snippy comments. Not that i worry about that i'm happy to debate stuff. Now these GSP and weimaraners that you have seen...? Theyve coursed and killed foxes have they? Cheers... :thumbs: I'm not taking about retrieving...my big dog does that as a wee party piece on shoot day.... :D

You're entitled to your opinion mate like anyone else, as for snidey comments, look no further than you're previous posts, do you think my pets could catch a fox, maybe. Now I may be reading it wrong but using pets to describe them is just another of your snidey ways.

I must say you're also very knowledgable of the capabilities of a dog I'm assuming you haven't owned nor as you say would you own and can estimate the percentage that would take fox, but wait, hold it that would be old foxes making mistakes. You're full of pish mate another one who thinks if he jumps on every thread and posts it makes him look knowledgable. A quick question and try and answer honestly, have you ever actually run a fox with a dog?. My old dad used to say, don't assume because you haven't seen it done or done it yourself that it can't be done. Keep an open mind, you never know what you might discover.

• Like 4

Love it, you need to have an opinion so bad you bloody googled weimaraner.

Oh and if the spend hours justifying their opinion was aimed at me, then could I draw your attention to your post tally, or is it a family account?. Anyway I'm done, this is going nowhere.

You're entitled to your opinion mate like anyone else, as for snidey comments, look no further than you're previous posts, do you think my pets could catch a fox, maybe. Now I may be reading it wrong but using pets to describe them is just another of your snidey ways.

I must say you're also very knowledgable of the capabilities of a dog I'm assuming you haven't owned nor as you say would you own and can estimate the percentage that would take fox, but wait, hold it that would be old foxes making mistakes. You're full of pish mate another one who thinks if he jumps on every thread and posts it makes him look knowledgable. A quick question and try and answer honestly, have you ever actually run a fox with a dog?. My old dad used to say, don't assume because you haven't seen it done or done it yourself that it can't be done. Keep an open mind, you never know what you might discover.

I make comments on subjects that i think i know some things about.....your right i dont know nothing about weimaraners really but i do know the speed and how quick a fox can jink and turn and i'd be surprised if a dog like that could keep up. I do however think they could straight line a fox as i have fit labs that could quite easily stay on a foxes tail but once the turn has happened the fox has got 5 length on them. I know ive watched it a few times... :yes: As i said i gave a wee tongue in cheek statement and you hit me with the fat lab routine thats why i went down the pets route, i take that back.... :thumbs:

• Like 2

im assuming with the wordings u you run 2 wiemaraner?they may get lucky,but id dout it.id love to be proved wrong tho,ive seen good dogs look bad on fox,they can tie a dog up for sure.and yes i do run fox,for twenty year or more.

Didnt mean to get you on your high horse Big Daz but since your up there then let me answer you.......Do i think your pets could catch a fox....maybe.....out of a hundred i'd say maybe 5 and thats due to old foxes mistake. Do i think they could kill a fox...yes with ease..... No ive never owned a weimaraner nor would i f*****g want too. You can call my Labs fat all you like pal....its you thats talking shite on that department though... :yes:

Any chance of a pic though cause honestly ive never seen a fit one........ :thumbs:

• Like 2

Love it, you need to have an opinion so bad you bloody googled weimaraner.

Oh and if the spend hours justifying their opinion was aimed at me, then could I draw your attention to your post tally, or is it a family account?. Anyway I'm done, this is going nowhere.

Ok mate - that's fine - can see you're struggling a bit with this but that's okay. Yeah...Googled Weimaraner...no harm in that at least from where I'm sitting...and it's my account and the post tally ain't excessive now is it? Good luck... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ok guys, one more post, lab, the fat lab post was a stab at humour, guess that's the curse of the internet, you sit chuckling to yourself whilst you type, but its not perceived as funny when it hits the screen.

This was never a bigging up weimaraner thread, it just kind of got sidetracked, I can fully understand why folks would doubt their capabilities because the majority of them are useless. I'm certainly not promoting them as a fox dog or trying to convert the masses to owning them, I doubt my own sanity with regards to owning them regurarly. Mines do what I said, but then I spend a lot of time with all my dogs, too much I'm told. I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions, it's been an interesting wee discussion and that's what the forums all about, atb.

• Like 6