53 replies to this topic

#46 fitchet

fitchet

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:38 pm

thanks (Bill + Ash) to be honest ive kept a close eye on Buck  ,even though he as been out since he was 9 weeks old. Ive never done anything with him that i didnt think he could handle.Bryn was about the same age  6 months old when he caught his 1st rabbit,and he gone to catch( hundreds) in 5 1/2 years, never been laid up with any injurys in that time. Buck i know is alot differnt type lurcher bigger animal, so ive have gage him more so than i did with Bryn, but he is doing fine so far, and giving  him couple of runs in the lamp wont do any harm,and he as had 4 rabbits from 5 runs, not bad for a big 7 month old lump lol. Got all this summer to get him just right for sep, and if he as good as Steve Barton says about this x, should be filling my Freezer no prob  :yes:

Bird you say about steve barton does he still run this cross ??

#47 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,592 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:29 pm

thanks (Bill + Ash) to be honest ive kept a close eye on Buck  ,even though he as been out since he was 9 weeks old. Ive never done anything with him that i didnt think he could handle.Bryn was about the same age  6 months old when he caught his 1st rabbit,and he gone to catch( hundreds) in 5 1/2 years, never been laid up with any injurys in that time. Buck i know is alot differnt type lurcher bigger animal, so ive have gage him more so than i did with Bryn, but he is doing fine so far, and giving  him couple of runs in the lamp wont do any harm,and he as had 4 rabbits from 5 runs, not bad for a big 7 month old lump lol. Got all this summer to get him just right for sep, and if he as good as Steve Barton says about this x, should be filling my Freezer no prob  :yes:

Bird you say about steve barton does he still run this cross ??

Yes mate, he got  couple of 1/4 bred gsdx grey  and a 1x gsd x grey. He is in New Zealand  now, but he as taken everything from (wild pigs, deer, feral cats, rabbits) with his dogs. He told me he prefers the 1x gsdx grey, to the 1/4 as they have alot better wind, and more tenacity.Hes tried otherxs but still goes to back 1x gsd x greys, he likes them , only time will tell with my pup + luck . :yes:

#48 whippet 99

whippet 99

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,480 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:13 pm

i cant be bothered ................each to there own im sure ray has seen enough to make his own mind up ................if the dog is ready its ready..........

#49 lampingking17

lampingking17

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:05 pm

Edited by lampingking17, 26 March 2013 - 09:06 pm.

#50 lampingking17

lampingking17

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:05 pm

nice one ray glad bucks coming on well, you must be proper pleased

#51 nickarris83

nickarris83

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:51 am

nice write up and cracking pics mate ;)

#52 Penda

Penda

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:28 pm

alright ray long time no see mate il get in touch with that pups coming on nice for yah fairplay mate :thumbs:

#53 blackpack

blackpack

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:35 am

Good write up Ray cracking night for you pup looking well mate

#54 bow19

bow19

Born Hunter

• Members