U/o Problems

got a pedretti o/u problem is its bottom barrel first now my qs is im having a bad time hitting with it im on the bird with the bead take the shot bird missed i try looking down the barrell still missing dont no wats goin on im new to shooting but i did do a bit of clay in a place and always hit they where top barrel first should it make a difference wich barrell comes first im just not hitting now when i say im nmot i hit to day at a fair range and missed about 15 inearly useda full box of 6 32s on crows please any help on this

I'd pattern it and see what happens then . I use the huge puddles that are on the fields at the moment .

Stand back at 30 yards do a nice constant gun mount and aim for something that will remain the same even if you hit it ( grass or stubble above the water line usually)

I think it will be gun fit and gun mount that's the problem , it was for me a good friend and pretty much everyone else that suffers the issue .

Iv not replied because I think of myself as knowing alot , it's just I had this exact same problem with a couple of guns recently .

There is some great tutorials on gun mount and fit from some big names in clay shooting , watching those helped me to understand what happens when it's right from wrong .

Going back to patterning don't be shy to use a box of shells , I understand your looking for the average pattern not directly at hits and misses . Where the shot falls most often will be you aim point .

Personally iv recently found I shoot side by side way better than any other configuration . Iv tried semi autos over under single barrels all sorts but pretty much any side buy side I'm shooting smooth and well .

Food for thought , and a little research .

It could be something so simple like the length of pull is to short and you will be all over the place !

As above but also sounds like you are aiming the gun, you aim a rifle you point a shotgun with your eyes on the bird.

Anticipating lead on the bird , range and speed takes practise and as mentioned gun mount and fit play an important part.

A trip to a local clay ground and a little tuition could help a lot.

My shotgun shooting leaves a lot to be desired but I never forget that is I point it in the right place I will kill stuff, I am a rifle shooter so it takes a fair bit to make my brain switch to shotgun mode....it's just habit.

As has been said, practice and its hard to get enough shooting at this time of the year to improve because you have to make every shot count......it will come mate, you will get plenty to practice on come the summer

sound advice tanxs dont no wat it is i forgot to mention i used my mates semi auto and hadnt any problems with that head is melted with it trying to get it right should it make a diference tho with bottom barrel first ?

sound advice tanxs dont no wat it is i forgot to mention i used my mates semi auto and hadnt any problems with that head is melted with it trying to get it right should it make a diference tho with bottom barrel first ?

depens on how the gun is choked provided the bottom barrel is more open or choked the same as the top barrel it shouldnt make a difference, chokes only really make a difference at range

Its a fit issue or the fact your left eye maybe your master eye.

To check point at a distant object with your finger keep both eyes open then shut one eye at a time and watch where your finger goes.

If it moves when you shut your left eye then your left eye is the master eye then you have problems shooting a shotgun unless you learn to shoot with your left eye closed.

Also some cheaper guns dont have concentric barrels they should shoot in the same place roughly at 30yrds if not its your barrels, I just got rid of a £3k gun as the second barrel shot lower than I would like.

Im now back with a Beretta but after 4 yrs shooting my other gun even this is proving a bit tricky I missed a few shots last week on pigeons that I should be hitting with my eyes closed, maybe a good 200 cartidges on the clays is in order it works wonders for learning with a new gun again.

tanxs engraver i got a slip on pad when i got the gun i use my left i closed my mate only said to me to do clays to morrow with them it will sort me out that ting with funger is mad ive just being doin it there pointing at a screw on the door from about 15 ft away id aim at it then close my left eye its swingn to the left i close my right eye its on target is trhis wat u mean by it will this mean ill have to mount the gun on th my right shoulder instead of my left

tanxs engraver i got a slip on pad when i got the gun i use my left i closed my mate only said to me to do clays to morrow with them it will sort me out that ting with funger is mad ive just being doin it there pointing at a screw on the door from about 15 ft away id aim at it then close my left eye its swingn to the left i close my right eye its on target is trhis wat u mean by it will this mean ill have to mount the gun on th my right shoulder instead of my left

yes I didnt realise you were left handed but your master eye is your right so you would shoot better from your right shoulder if possible.

no im right handed but use my left hand for the likes of pool bit strange i put the gun to my right shoulder i was asking will i have to mount to the left ?

If your master eye is your right eye then shoot righthanded if your master eye is your left you have two options.

1, learn to shoot left handed (very difficult)

2, shoot right handed as normal try shutting your left eye when you shoot.

Ive seen shotguns fitted with like black out cover fitted as to block your view on the left side but I wouldnt know where you could buy one.

To see if it works you could wear an eye patch when out shooting to find out if your shooting improves, but on a clay ground you would look a bit odd.

Edited by engraver

clays slow down birds dont they speed up after first shot, try not to think about what your doing, just do it, i find that if i am snap shooting i hit alot more than if i see the bird coming, too much time to think about what your going to do

• Like 2