New And Looking For Jill's And Local People That Use Ferrets In Kent

Hello I'm new to the forum

My Names jake Samuel wallis Marney

I'm into ferreting and am looking for Jill's in kent to breed with my hob this season but it won't let me put it on the classifieds so I thought I'd say it now

Who else is in the kent area or anyone know people who are in kent that might have a Jill or 2 for me to build up my stock this season

Hello

Given that you are new to the sport, and have just stared keeping ferrets, can I advise you NOT to breed them bud. No need,and you have unproven ferrets that are not worth breeding yet. Take your time, get into it, then decide whethere to breed or not.

I`ve been at this game for way over 20 yrs, and have only ever bred twice.

• Like 1

so you come on here asking for help and advice

someone with 20 plus yrs tries to give you some

you ignore it, with the comment, this ferrets good as its caught a rabbit........

your talking out your ar$e, there is no need for you to start breeding ferrets, take the advice of others, theres to many unwanted kits come breeding time

dont try running before you can walk

• Like 1

so you come on here asking for help and advice

someone with 20 plus yrs tries to give you some

you ignore it, with the comment, this ferrets good as its caught a rabbit........

your talking out your ar$e, there is no need for you to start breeding ferrets, take the advice of others, theres to many unwanted kits come breeding time

dont try running before you can walk

i dont plan on selling any? i just want to breed once so i have abit more stock? what is wrong with that? no need to bite my head off and yes i am asking advice because im still learning i was simply saying my ferret dose his job thats all .... i dont see the problem .... its not like the rest of you dont breed your ferrets every now and then so you have abit of stock

i dont see how that gives you the right to put me down? i didnt know it was against the law to have multiple ferrets in you collection if you have the time, space and money to look after them ?

there is no need to be rude about it .......... all i said was he has worked well for me so its not like im breeding a useless ferret that dosnt work

you have taken my reply the wrong way and i think you should calm down abit

Edited by Fiibz

Have to agree with Rake Aboot and Stubby. And as for showing that your stinker knows what its doing....well ive never had a stinker that hasnt bolted a rabbit, there natural hunters when put down a sett with rabbits in there, they tend not to cuddle the bunnies for a bit of love :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: .

Ive had stikers on and off for over 23yrs.......and ive never ever bred one, my choice yes but there are plenty of kits born each year from good hunting stock and from fellas that are very experienced in ferrets and breeding and from good working stock too, so no need for me to try and start another load off. My suggestion is if you dont want advice from people then dont ask for it.....then you wont be offended by the replies....welcome to THL. :thumbs:

cheers and i can tell THL is a good forum it just has a couple of negative people that like to bite

cheers rake for the advice i hope you didnt take it the way stubby toke it because i didnt intend it to look as if i ignored your advice because i didnt

i would just pefer to raise my own ferrets for working that is all

i hope you are not offended by it and i will give it some thought anyway before i go ahead with it

and the picture wasnt to annoy anyone it was simply to show ive worked him so i hope you didnt take it the wronge way rake and very sorry to everyone for posting this topic i wont bother next time :thumbs:

cheers and i can tell THL is a good forum it just has a couple of negative people that like to bite

cheers rake for the advice i hope you didnt take it the way stubby toke it because i didnt intend it to look as if i ignored your advice because i didnt

i would just pefer to raise my own ferrets for working that is all

i hope you are not offended by it and i will give it some thought anyway before i go ahead with it

and the picture wasnt to annoy anyone it was simply to show ive worked him so i hope you didnt take it the wronge way rake and very sorry to everyone for posting this topic i wont bother next time :thumbs:

Negative people? I think the word your actually looking to use is sensible!!!!! By your own admission youve just got the ferrets and you are new to keeping them and you need help in knowing what to do ....your words ......"Just got myself 2 ferret hobs and really want to get into ferreting ..But I need somebody who would be willing to take me out just once ortwice so I get the idea and get abit of experience before I go out alone" AND YOU THINK THATS OK TO START BREEDING FERRETS WHEN YOU AINT GOT A CLUE :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ..............So yeah i think people are right to bite ....stick to your snakes pal

Calm doon folks

I realise the ferret may work, but you have to keep at it to really find out if it`s worth breeding from.

If you have 2 ferrets, you have enough to get going with,

You do`nt need a lot of stock to keep you busy, just chill a bit and get started with what you have already got.

Good luck bud, don`t get too down when folk jump on you, I can be the worst for that anyway,, it`s just that breeding for no real reason is a big no no here,, most of us have had to rescue unwanted ferrets before, and it boils our piss.

:thumbs:

• Like 3

picture for you

he is a good worker and i know the rabbit is half skinned but it was my first time trying it out and doing it myself as i normaly get my cuzen todo it

Ok can see your keen : ) but as said mate why breed , there's a bit more to it than bolting A single rabbit that could of bolted by accident there could of been 5 10 15 rabbits in there . You need to see what's what on a proper day , I suggest you get a Jill kit this spring , have a full season at it next year see what's what see how you feel then ,

i hope you didnt take it the way stubby toke it

i wont bother next time :thumbs:

well neither will I then matey, I actually looked at this post, because I saw it mentioned maidstone in the title, having just bought 7 acres of woodland around those parts, I thought I may have been able to offer you ferreting permission, my reason of "biting" as you put it, is you seem to be just starting out, but dont want help/advice unless it fits in with this plan you have, rather than experience of loads on here

you carry on the same as many other newbies on here do,

• Like 2

Fibbz......if I were you Iwould listen to the advice given,wind your neck in and maybe someone will help you out,ferreting permission is at a premium theres folk on here desperate for it.....so much so that a few jack it in due to no permission,without the attitude you could possibly have gained some :chair: you don't need to breed a litter as exciting as it seems to you,chill out and listen to what is being said :yes: Im sure at some point this summer someone off here will sort you out with a jill or two,possibly even gift them to you,give it the biggun....people wont help you Regards Dave