Just come here to argue???????

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's it like on fallow buck's

Just had a little think. (God it hurts.)   This person has never hunted before in their life. It probably had never even entered their head. Yet they get a dog that is capable of hunting (all-be-it

Crorider is a young man with his first dog. His dog has shown an interest in hunting and Cro want's to give the dog every opportunity/chance he can. It matters not if the dog is excellent or crap, bu

Posted Images

]it aint a stupid dog, its a dog! and by definition its also a lurcher wether you like it or not

No it's not. It is a mongrel. The Chi or Yorkie are not working dogs :thumbs:

First of all a lurcher by definition is a sighthound crossed with any other breed of of dog. Years ago the word lurcher may have only meant working dog or terrier crossed with a sighthound but not any more. Secondly a yorkie is a terrier which was bred for killing rats in clothing mills. Thats a working dog mate. And although the modern chihuahua is bred primalrily as a companion theyve been purposely scaled down over the years from a wild dog in mexico that survived by hunting all sorts of small mammals.

]it aint a stupid dog, its a dog! and by definition its also a lurcher wether you like it or not

First of all a lurcher by definition is a sighthound crossed with any other breed of of dog. Years ago the word lurcher may have only meant working dog or terrier crossed with a sighthound but not any more. Secondly a yorkie is a terrier which was bred for killing rats in clothing mills. Thats a working dog mate. And although the modern chihuahua is bred primalrily as a companion theyve been purposely scaled down over the years from a wild dog in mexico that survived by hunting all sorts of small mammals.

Is this your first lurcher? Have you worked a dog before?

look dont argue with people who have more experiance than you it makes you out to be a prick lurchers are breed for work by what means do you think a yorkie pug have in the rabbiting world get a grip and your right about it catching rabbits if you brought that thing into a field the rabbits il roll over laughing at this hairy f****d up lurcher running at a rate of knotes trowards them its a pet end of

Is this your first lurcher? Have you worked a dog before?

Yes its my first lurcher and no ive never worked one before, i bought it as a pet from someone who had an accidental mating. Only decided i want to work it after people with lurchers that see him run kept commenting that i should. And after seeing him nearly catch a rabbit that was only yards from a fence when he was a lot further away, i dont need to know anything about working a dog to see his potential for catching the odd rabbit.

look dont argue with people who have more experiance than you it makes you out to be a prick lurchers are breed for work by what means do you think a yorkie pug have in the rabbiting world get a grip and your right about it catching rabbits if you brought that thing into a field the rabbits il roll over laughing at this hairy f****d up lurcher running at a rate of knotes trowards them its a pet end of

Yea it is a pet, and it will catch rabbits. it already has when out walking with actual ex working dogs that havent, so dont try telling me im a prick for thinking it will. You think as i have no experience of working a dog i should just let you mugs tell me my dog wont catch anything? Whats wrong with you

YOU DO NEED TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT A WORKING DOG WHAT THAT THING ISNT AWAY ONTO THE YORKIE FORUM SEE WHAT THEY THINK OFF IT

This thread werent about my dog until somebody asked me what it is. From that point on a bunch of idiots cant get their heads round the fact that a ''toy lurcher'' could catch anything. And no youre claiming a yorkie wasnt a working dog??

Incorrect.

A lurcher by definition is a sighthound crossed with a working dog.

Yorkshire terriers and Chis are lap dogs not working dogs. You can probably go back in any dogs ancestry and find a dog which may have worked but it wont make it either a working dog or from working lines.

Enjoy your dog for what it is, not what you want it to be ;)

• Like 1

Incorrect.

Yorkshire terriers and Chis are lap dogs not working dogs. You can probably go back in any dogs ancestry and find a dog which may have worked but it wont make it either a working dog or from working lines.

Your statement is correct years ago, not now. And although a yorkie might not be as good at ratting is a patterdale or bedlington, they are still used by some people, especially crossed with other terriers. i met somebody recently who has one crossed with a patterdale/jack russel and is apparently an outstanding bushing dog

Incorrect.

Your statement is correct years ago, not now. And although a yorkie might not be as good at ratting is a patterdale or bedlington, they are still used by some people, especially crossed with other terriers. i met somebody recently who has one crossed with a patterdale/jack russel and is apparently an outstanding bushing dog

What do you mean, correct years ago and not now, has the lurcher 'breed' changed recently??

Because the odd yorkie can kill rats does not make the whole YT breed working dogs. It is like saying because one labrador is not good enough to be used as a guide dog for the blind, none of them can be used...get my drift?

There is nothing new about cross bred terriers used for working...all of my terriers have been, or are cross breeds. The difference is, the crosses within the dogs were normally working dogs.

A word of advice.....

If you continue to tell people they are all wrong, whilst you are the only person who is right, whilst clearly having no knowledge about the subject you talk about. You will not be taken seriously ;)

As i said, enjoy your little dog for what it is, and give it a good life doing what it is obviously loves doing :thumbs:

• Like 2