17 hmr zeroing problems

hello, i have got a cz455 varmint thumbhole in 17hmr over the last month i have zeroed it 6 times at 100 metres every time i get it crack on, put it back in a hard case take it straight home and put it away never bumping it but then the next time i come to get it back out again the sights have gone out again by 3 to 4 inches so no small amount and no wind where i am setting it.

i have tried two brand new scopes so have ruled that out.

i am using the same hornandy v-max ammo

when it goes out it still groups well, just in the wrong place and it is usually left or right and not up and down. i have tried with the mod on and off the gun but it still groups in roughly the same place, it is only a cheap sirrocco mod but have also tried my mates sac which still puts it in same place.

and i have put the rod through and kept it clean

any ideas please cause i am running out

cheers gareth

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can still get a tight group in a different position providing you dont move your body (minus your trigger arm when reloading)

well ive got one and mines alright

well thanks for everyones help but it turned out to be the scope i tried zeroing it in on lowest mag and got it set then changed it to full 24x mag and the point of impact changed so i tried it the ot

yeah around every 50 rounds i put the rod through i just had a watch on you tube at the paralax problems and that would definenatly explain a few things but is that just on the cheaper end scopes i only have a bsa 4x24x50 which is around £100-£150 so not expensive but not bad to look through

Gareth. Get your mate or some other competent shooter to have a go with it. If the same problem exists with them, each time you take it out then you can rule out a positional problem. If it is bang on for them each time, or at least if they group in the same place each time, you can rule out a problem with the rifle.

You haven't said what experience you have with scope, but have you set the rifle up to fit you, so that when your cheek is naturally resting on the stock with no use of your neck muscles, you have a perfect and Sharp circle of light, with no fuzzy edging or shadowing around it?

It is just a case of eliminating all the possibilities until you find the cause of the error.