weihrauch hw97k or AA TX200

I've a .22 97k, pellet on pellet @35yrds , can't complain...can't love it either

I'm looking over the fence at the green grass, and on that grass is a new model, much like the old girl, but a bit younger, a bit more petite, a bit (but not to much) slimmer, a bit more curvy..."you know"

I'm thinking Walnut 200HC in 177....

Do I do it??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have both,a 97k and tx200hc mk3,out of the box the tx200 blows the hw97k away,it just feels so much nicer and smoother to shoot and the trigger on the tx is better believe it or not(factory setting)

I've a .22 97k, pellet on pellet @35yrds , can't complain...can't love it either

I'm looking over the fence at the green grass, and on that grass is a new model, much like the old girl, but a bit younger, a bit more petite, a bit (but not to much) slimmer, a bit more curvy..."you know"

I'm thinking Walnut 200HC in 177....

Do I do it??

It's better to regret something you have done than someting you've not :laugh:

Go for it :D:victory:

I have both,a 97k and tx200hc mk3,out of the box the tx200 blows the hw97k away,it just feels so much nicer and smoother to shoot and the trigger on the tx is better believe it or not(factory setting).

After a tune however the 97k is VERY smooth to shoot and edges it over a standered tx,my 97k is in getting a full custom tune as i type this and i cant wait to get it back :)

Im not going to bother tuning the tx200 as it dosnt feel like it needs it(like the 97k did) as it feels excellent as it is to shoot,its basicaly a tuned rifle from the box ;) if you want the ultamate spring rifle then dont get either,get a pro sport instead,highly tuned from the box and the best springer money can buy.

• Like 1

I've got to find a shop that has the AA's in stock so I can at least try them up against my shoulder, preferably I'd like to fire them a couple of times as well

One place I've spoken to has .22s in stock, but I'm thinking 177. Do they behave differently when fired than .22s ??

My tx200 is .177 and its lovely to shoot ;) can hit 60yard knock down targets at the club easy once range found. :)

Usually it's "nay too bad" But you know the situation, you think you've got a shot, but the bunny nips to cover, now the gun is loaded and when 10minutes later I take a shot my 97k sounds like crap and diesels.

Is this normal, and will a 177 200Hc give me the same grief? If it's a problem inherent with springers then maybe I should look at an evolution to compliment my Fenman

Usually it's "nay too bad" But you know the situation, you think you've got a shot, but the bunny nips to cover, now the gun is loaded and when 10minutes later I take a shot my 97k sounds like crap and diesels.

Is this normal, and will a 177 200Hc give me the same grief? If it's a problem inherent with springers then maybe I should look at an evolution to compliment my Fenman

Hi Pablo, it sounds like the piston head might be dodgy and letting small amounts of grease through. Maybe fit new head and start from scratch with the greaseing....hope this helps.

Hi Pablo, it sounds like the piston head might be dodgy and letting small amounts of grease through. Maybe fit new head and start from scratch with the greaseing....hope this helps.

Anyone want to buy a 97k :whistling:

Hi Darcy would a V-mach tune address the issues you've highlighted, I'm a bit green when it comes to the internals (that makes me sound like a virgin :icon_redface: )

Thanks

Pab

Edited by Pablo Diablo