Can it be done

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive seen a wild red that would be about as big as they come taken with two dogs on the edge of the new forest, i have also taken 15 outta 15 hares on the plains and quiet a few 10 outta 10 with the s

i heard his dad can stop a hare in full flight,with a well aimed brogue

i was there i saw both the pups in question take 19 hares between them,they missed maybe 6 each,but if you dont think it can be done,i am sure the owner of the pups would show you,or maybe yous could

Posted Images

I once ran12 one night with a single dog and broke the dog.........I make no appologies for doing it, but with hindsight it was a rediculous thing to do and I would never attempt that type of thing again on big open fields like that.......I had to ask myself why and the honest awnser is because they were there and because I got carried away.......none of them were kick ups!

Sometimes the hardest thing is to put your brain in gear :thumbs:

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

I,v just been speaking to a fella on the phone , he tells me that ( pre ban ) he took 19 hares one night running two twelve month old dogs ( singly. ) Now leaving aside the rights and wrongs of lamping hares , my question is CAN IT BE DONE ?

I think it is probably possible ,why anyone would want to? Would be my question.

ile answer that question t ,,, "money",,, if your getting £4 - £5 per hare,, if you can catch 30 40 hares in a week,, its good money... rember the lads doing this 20 years ago were poaching,,and out of work in thatchers britain,, it wernt about sport. all the best mate. TOMO

• Like 2

Inan is one of the members on here who talks sense and has knowledge of hare coursing, so dont be too quick to jump on him as to some blokes lamping hares is just not something you do........each to their own.

is this another member with anothyer account at the wind up.whether he was telling the truth or not.he is an arsehole running dogs that young against hares,although i dont vbelieve a word of it.

surely the reason most folk would call the dogs owner an arsehole for running dogs that young on hares, would do so, on the basis that the dog couldnt handle said hares.......

looks as they them dogs could handle them, all 19 a them, i applaud the guy for havin the time to get the dogs fit, an the balls to try an see how far he can push his pups......

well done i say :laugh::thumbs:

are they the same at night as day on big fields???

your realy digging for a bite arnt ya???? ive had some real hard runs at hares on the lamp, and watched them get away,,,, but you get easy ones as well,,,,, you can of course get in a motor, drive across land and run them down with the dogs,, and youl catch plenty more..........but i bet you already know that