how much

alrite guys i have been reeding on hear that during the season people take there dogs on 6 mile run in the morning and so much walking in the afternoon and this goes on everyday now if you were going out lamping how much would you do with the dog that day would it be more or less cheers

alrite guys i have been reeding on hear that during the season people take there dogs on 6 mile run in the morning and so much walking in the afternoon and this goes on everyday now if you were going out lamping how much would you do with the dog that day would it be more or less cheers

sorry guys what i was meant to say is if you were going lamping that night

dog would be in the run allday till i went lamping,if you want them to run best you got to save there energy

i thats what i do mate keep them in till we go hunting keeps them keen i think mate if it was us going in for a race we wouldnt run in the morning thats just my opinion

Guest born to run1083

my opinion if they can road walk after a nights lamping then lamping them again at night they carnt be working them that hard surely or there land is naf so dont get the chance to run, lamping days mine is out to empty them self a few times a day then lamped at night.

dog would be in the run allday till i went lamping,if you want them to run best you got to save there energy

you can do to much you should know when your dog is fit other wise u will take them over the top

dont worry i know when my dogs fit,but i ant going to take him on a 3-5mile walk then think he will run his best that night on hard winter qaurry

rest is as good as train they do need rest.

thanks for the replys guys i didnt mean to start an argument but i was just quirius just while we are on the subject when would you last feed the dog before a nights lamping and would it be a normal dose or would it be rationed thanks again bryson

thanks for the replys guys i didnt mean to start an argument but i was just quirius just while we are on the subject when would you last feed the dog before a nights lamping and would it be a normal dose or would it be rationed thanks again bryson

i feed mine at night after a walk but on lamping nights gets fed when we get home,but you cant run a motor with no petrol so a bit during the day is a help imo

I've seen dogs that are well (over) muscled from loads of roadwork even during the season and as a result they can barely turn/strike... just my humble opinion but a working dog will be fit enough from the work it's doing and the off-season should be time for your dog to rest (with a bit of light work getting it ready just before 'your' season starts)!

I've seen dogs that are well (over) muscled from loads of roadwork even during the season and as a result they can barely turn/strike... just my humble opinion but a working dog will be fit enough from the work it's doing and the off-season should be time for your dog to rest (with a bit of light work getting it ready just before 'your' season starts)!

have to agree in the summer let them rest,i will do light walking and bit of mooching

When im taking a dog lamping. That day it would get a handful or two of meal in morn just take hunger off then just a quick 15-20 walk just to empty out. No road work , free run or gallops at all that day.

at thi mi mine does 7 mile om bike at 6 in the morning then 3 hours at night just moochin,the lamp be out soon tho but am in no rush,

only 10 11month

I,d say at that age your doin too much with it..i,d personally quit the bike work and just give her a couple hours of free running excercise...as yet shes not fully developed so the biking will not help her joints very much..jmo..atb stabba

some people work for a living so after work the dog goes for a walk before a nights lamping then when it gets home it gets fed then a days rest,but looking at some posts on here some people have more time on there hands to get the dogs fit for the season.atb