Training whippet greyhound to jump

hey guys im training my dog to jump and she is really confident, im just worried about letting him jump barb wired fences because sometimes she puts her back legs on the top of fences then jumps down and if she does it on a barb wired fence she could injure herself? what should i do?

Edited by Lukehunt

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She could injure herself but then again she might not. Life's full of 'ifs' or 'buts' Just do it!

Well if you want to discuss you sexual perversions on an open forum, I guess that's up to you.   I can't vouch for the lazy but you got the other bit right.

i lost a few meself baw that long grass in the summers barsteward...lol

It must be a confident jumper if it's putting it's feet on the fence. Most pups clear by miles and only once they are confident do they start skimming. I wouldn't worry about barbed wire, it'll only do it the once.

It must be a confident jumper if it's putting it's feet on the fence. Most pups clear by miles and only once they are confident do they start skimming. I wouldn't worry about barbed wire, it'll only do it the once.

ok thankyou

I would concentrate on the 4 month old wound on your dog before it gets further injuries

its a scar but its not effecting her performance at all, im just wondering if it will cover up or fade away

Horsey folk rub Vaseline to soften the skin and allow hair growth on bald patches. Personally I leave them be, good way of identification should the dog get stole.

I would concentrate on the 4 month old wound on your dog before it gets further injuries

its a scar but its not effecting her performance at all, im just wondering if it will cover up or fade away

Horsey folk rub Vaseline to soften the skin and allow hair growth on bald patches. Personally I leave them be, good way of identification should the dog get stole.

em :whistling:

I only let mine jump barbed wire fences when my jacket is thrown over the top of it.

They normally can duck under round my way, but mostly horse fields here.

oh ffs i take my boxers off an the dog clears them by three feet

what do u do when there running after something

I only let mine jump barbed wire fences when my jacket is thrown over the top of it.

are you stupid he runs in front opening the gates

hey guys im training my dog to jump and she is really confident, im just worried about letting him jump barb wired fences because sometimes she puts her back legs on the top of fences then jumps down and if she does it on a barb wired fence she could injure herself? what should i do?

She could injure herself but then again she might not. Life's full of 'ifs' or 'buts' Just do it!

• Like 1

what do you think he does run in front of them put his jacket over the fence.

Lol let the dog have a go over fence see what happens my pup is skimming but when it comes to the barbed wire the dog knows that there ain't much room to plant feed on it so he clears it. I was thinking the same thing as you but I just let him have a go and it went well atb mate

Well if you want to discuss you sexual perversions on an open forum, I guess that's up to you.

I can't vouch for the lazy but you got the other bit right.

• Like 1