Not a happy chappy!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have not read the whole thread, but if they sold you a used gun and saold it as a new one, then that is fraud or deception.

yet another pointless, non-productive post aimed at trying to start some shit. I sincerely hope that no-one rises to it and just takes comments like this with a pinch of salt. Not worth the bother.

Did you send your initial letter via recorded delivery as I suggested?   If so, put the barcode number into the Royal mail database and print off the signature of whoever signed for it, dont contact

Cool, let us know when you've got the cash and make sure you've recorded the time an date and what he said (Sorry I can be cynical about things until you've got your cash in your hands).

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to put a spanner in the works; but guns DO come out of the factory running hot :yes: this is the reason I am the less than proud owner of a section 1 caution :wallbash: some tw@t at BSA was not doing their job and my Ultra was found by the police to be running at 13.02 ft/lbs :icon_eek: and the police confirmed it had not been tampered with. So thanks to BSA's negligance I now have a f :censored: ing criminal record :thumbdown:

Tony

ps OP, explain whats happened to the dealer, also send it in writing, explaining that you want a refund, send the letter recorded delivery and if they don't refund you pass the case onto Trading Standards :thumbs: You have the law on your side :yes:

i remember reading a post/thread were you was given a ultra by another member on here. is that the ultra that was over the limit ? was it not secondhand before you got it,and not new from the factory. an you go one about always checking that you gun is sub 12. did you even chrono it,thank god i have the use of a skan MK10,F1 and a tarrget-tronics i would be propper pi$$ed if they took one of mine. an what was you doing to have the gun checked by the police seems a wee bit strange, did you get it back or did the police destroy it,probably not got it

good luck with future SGC/FAC applications

Leo

Sorry to put a spanner in the works; but guns DO come out of the factory running hot :yes: this is the reason I am the less than proud owner of a section 1 caution :wallbash: some tw@t at BSA was not doing their job and my Ultra was found by the police to be running at 13.02 ft/lbs :icon_eek: and the police confirmed it had not been tampered with. So thanks to BSA's negligance I now have a f :censored: ing criminal record :thumbdown:

Tony

ps OP, explain whats happened to the dealer, also send it in writing, explaining that you want a refund, send the letter recorded delivery and if they don't refund you pass the case onto Trading Standards :thumbs: You have the law on your side :yes:

i remember reading a post/thread were you was given a ultra by another member on here. is that the ultra that was over the limit ? was it not secondhand before you got it,and not new from the factory. an you go one about always checking that you gun is sub 12. did you even chrono it,thank god i have the use of a skan MK10,F1 and a tarrget-tronics i would be propper pi$ed if they took one of mine. an what was you doing to have the gun checked by the police seems a wee bit strange, did you get it back or did the police destroy it,probably not got it

Leo

yet another pointless, non-productive post aimed at trying to start some shit.thumbdown.gif I sincerely hope that no-one rises to it and just takes comments like this with a pinch of salt. Not worth the bother.

• Like 1

defo second hand a gun will not come from a factory overpowered they always come sub 12ftlbs most with anti tamper what did they do take it from box and chrono it :no::no:

they are filling you with crap ask for a new gun i bet you wont get studs fitted to that they will charge about £25 plus for a gun smith to do that and supply the studs send the gun back tell them you want your money back lose £20 postage they will lose a lot more in customers when people read how they treated you

Tony

OMG that is bloody out of order mate this is why anti tamper is such a nonsense imo we all need chrono s and the chance to regulate the out put of the rifles i got one with anti tamper that i have tampered with and one without i check the out put of both regularly. and as for the original thread that rifle is neither new or fit for purpose both of which entitle you to a replacement or full refund under trading standards. cheers fry

edited to say just read whole thread glad you got your money back.

Tony

i remember reading a post/thread were you was given a ultra by another member on here. is that the ultra that was over the limit ? was it not secondhand before you got it,and not new from the factory. an you go one about always checking that you gun is sub 12. did you even chrono it,thank god i have the use of a skan MK10,F1 and a tarrget-tronics i would be propper pi$ed if they took one of mine. an what was you doing to have the gun checked by the police seems a wee bit strange, did you get it back or did the police destroy it,probably not got it

Leo

Yes Leo Thats the one :yes:

Yes again :yes: it was secondhand and the POLICE confirmed the AT was still intact and could not have been tampered with. :wallbash:

I was laid in hosptial at the time of seizure 9 miles away from my home and guns (they were locked away).

I had just mentioned to the police officer that I had broken my trigger finger, (I dont need to mention any details of why I was in hospital as that is no ones concern apart from me) she remembered I was a shooter and she informed her sgt. He thought he would be clever and authorized the removal of all my guns including my spring powered 6mm bb Airsoft pistols

The gun was running at 13.02 when they tested it, I didn't have it chronoed, because the AT was still in place and although it was second hand it had previously been chronoed by an RFD and was 11.4 (less than my S200) using AAF's

Not only that, but I haven't actually had the chance to use the thing other than zero the scope.

I have been told by the head of the FA section that I will be allowed a section one due to the circumstances of the gun running hot as long as I meet all the other relavent issues (gun safe, land etc....). The Gun has not been destroyed, it is sat in the safe in Beverley Police station until I get the required paperwork and other things sorted, but being out of work on sick its going to be quite some time before this happens.

What I dont get though is that my S200 runs at 11.5 using AAF's yet when they tested that they said it was fine.

I can only think that a non regularly calibrated chrono such as the ones we use will not be as reliable as one that is calibrated such as a home office/police chronograph.

I hope that answers your quearies Leo

Take care buddy

Tony

yet another pointless, non-productive post aimed at trying to start some shit.thumbdown.gif I sincerely hope that no-one rises to it and just takes comments like this with a pinch of salt. Not worth the bother.

I agree Darren, but I have answered without taking the bait buddy, I answered sincerely and factually instead of jumping in for the bait :thumbs:

Tony

I agree Darren, but I have answered without taking the bait buddy, I answered sincerely and factually instead of jumping in for the bait :thumbs:

Tony

Nice one Tony,

Having met and talked to you at the meet your a true gent and a top bloke. Who rises above such things.clapper.gifclapper.gifclapper.gif.

regards Daz.diablo.gif

UPDATE.....

Well after sending the gun back, i have still not recieved the money back!!

It has been 2 weeks since i have sent it back, after calling the shop to let them know i have posted it they advised they have upto 28 days to refund me. Ok i said,(although surprised by 28days to refund a customer).

Called them today as still no money:

Me:hi i sent my rifle back to you 2 weeks ago for a refund that i havent recieved.

Youngmans: you need to speak to the sales team and there not here now. We have 3 phone lines and you have been transferred to the workshop.

Me: ok, its 4.30pm and your website says "shop open 9-5pm" so why arent they available??

Youngmans: well they are available and it does take upto 28 days to refund you

Me: thats my whole point of calling, i want to know why its taking so long for me to recieve my money back?

Youngmans: call bacl tomorrow sales can help you

Me: ok what time is best to call? So i can get hold of them

Youngmans: just call tomorrow they will be here

Me: ok but ive called before your shop closes according to your website? So i want to know when to call so i can speak to them! Infact can i speak to the shop manager as im not getting anywhere here.

Youngmans: hes not here so again call back tomorrow

HE THEN PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON ME!!! I called back 8 times but they wouldnt answer!

Iam now very tempted to drive 200 miles and do something i will no doubt regret! To say im fuming is a understatement!

Please anyone DO NOT buy anything from Youngmans Guns as their customer service is disgraceful to good decent gun shops.

I really wouldnt feel guilty if they went bust due to my ranting and raving!

Sorry to bore you guys with this but i had to let some steam off! I still cant believe their attitude towards me.

Whether its because i live so far away they arent bothered i dont know!

As i said to my wife if i drive down there i really dont know what i would end up doing!

Crofty

I know, ok maybe 5 working days to check gun over ect

Worst thing is they will no doubt do this to another customer time and time again

but not one thats read this thread...

smithie

Did you send your initial letter via recorded delivery as I suggested?

If so, put the barcode number into the Royal mail database and print off the signature of whoever signed for it, dont contact the shop any more, just take your evidance (I also hope you got a sig for the gun?) to Trading Standards. Let them do all the work for you. I've used them before and the second TS contact the shop, I bet you you get your money back within 48hours.

Dealers no matter how big or small dont like TS or the VAT men poking through their businesses.

Tony

• Like 1