Rare walk out for 20 mins.

As some of you know, i don't use the old Air rifle that much these days, at least not for 'hunting'.

However! I have been stuck in the damn house for the last week nurse maiding my broken dog, and it's been driving me nuts, no hunting what so ever.

And i fancied a curry for tea, but had no fresh meat.

So. . . . i decided to have a quick 20 min stroll down into the wood, with the old Webley Vulcan .22 Springer.

Spotted a couple of rabbits sat out feeding, at about 60 yards, stalked in to about 35/40 yards, picked the one that looked most like a buck, took the shot prone, and missed my aiming mark by a mil or two, but he flipped over and landed in a stream bed, dead on impact.

Where he fell.

DSC00154.jpg

I was aiming for the eye, but hit just below.

DSC00155.jpg

Rifle.

DSC00157.jpg

Cheers :thumbs:

Moxy, i was thinking of you mate, so i took my phone :thumbs:

Mole - stream is probably somewhat of a romantic exaggeration. . . . bit of a ditch may be more accurate.

Good to see the old webley vulcan getting out for a mooch :notworthy: I still have a old one here clocking close to 12ft/lbs.

them old webleys and the BSA Mercury and Airsporters bring back some memories :thumbs:

To be fair, i'll admit it, i was lucky it was a buck, i just went for the 'buchest' looking one.

As to the Vulcan, it's a good tool, and i've had it for, i'm not sure, got to be over a decade. . . . never been serviced, never had anything done to it. . . . . don't even need to zero it much.

I've no idea what it's taken, but a lot.

Keep thinking of getting a decent PCP. . . . . but the Vulcan kind of feels like a 'proper' air rifle (no dig whatsoever, just nostalgia)

:thumbs:

O aye, and the curry was tasty :thumbs:

It was a buck. But either way, it was dinner :tongue2:

And as for the KZ, the bunny was pretty much facing me, slightly angled with the right side showing a bit more, so rather than try for a shot behind the eye at that angle and end up striking only a glancing blow, i was intending for the pelet to pass through the eye and into the brain. As it happens it struck low, but the force must have carried the pellet through the bone and up into the brain.

Cheers for the advice though :thumbs:

I was just pretty chuffed at the shot with the old springer as it gets hardly ever used these days, and that was the first pellet i had put through it at quarry n some time :thumbs:

Edited by Ideation

Keep thinking of getting a decent PCP. . . . . but the Vulcan kind of feels like a 'proper' air rifle (no dig whatsoever, just nostalgia)

:thumbs:

O aye, and the curry was tasty :thumbs:

Think you're right there ideation. I have a pcp and a couple of springers includeing the vulcan! the Vulan does feel good when I shoot it although must admit the trigger could have done with being a two stage and a little lighter, the one I have here has one stiff trigger but still gets the job done :thumbs: ......

Jasp