Doggy men hierarchy

What about those of us who just like to have a knock about the the dogs Mouchers :thumbs:

You guys are fine :thumbs:

The ones I hate the most and I forgot to put them in the list is hare lampers :censored:

Nothing wrong with lamping hares in big open fields with 1 lamping dog its running them in small fields with 2 lamping dogs or coursing dogs is the prop

We both know if you know the land, you know where to stand to prevent the hare using its usual escape route. Loads of reasons why lamping hares is wrong :thumbdown:

Like most things that get lamped then why is not fair to lamp hares but ok to lamp foxes deer rabbits etc etc 2 many rules for hares at times

Foxes, rabbits, easier to find at night, rabbits know where they are going to run, sit out further etc..... don't lamp deer, never have. Although like everything else, shit happens. The hare is the ultimate creature, the ultimate prize for the dogman in my view. You need to treat with respect, give him a fair crack at the whip. I have lamped my fair share of hares when I was younger, I'm not denying that but I grew up and realised although they still give you a good run, it's nowhere near as good as a daylight hare.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting

no such thing as thieving a wild animal when there released there wild

Some of us put in a few years Trying to get a dog a to a good standard.Its the ones that write them off after a few month.I have no time for.

Posted Images

What about those of us who just like to have a knock about the the dogs Mouchers :thumbs:

The ones I hate the most and I forgot to put them in the list is hare lampers :censored:

Nothing wrong with lamping hares in big open fields with 1 lamping dog its running them in small fields with 2 lamping dogs or coursing dogs is the prop

We both know if you know the land, you know where to stand to prevent the hare using its usual escape route. Loads of reasons why lamping hares is wrong :thumbdown:

Like most things that get lamped then why is not fair to lamp hares but ok to lamp foxes deer rabbits etc etc 2 many rules for hares at times

Foxes, rabbits, easier to find at night, rabbits know where they are going to run, sit out further etc..... don't lamp deer, never have. Although like everything else, shit happens. The hare is the ultimate creature, the ultimate prize for the dogman in my view. You need to treat with respect, give him a fair crack at the whip. I have lamped my fair share of hares when I was younger, I'm not denying that but I grew up and realised although they still give you a good run, it's nowhere near as good as a daylight hare.

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting is not giving the same .

You say that rabbit knows where there going well hares are wild animals and hunting by other things and not just man and lucher they have to know there escape route to get away.

Is it fair to put terrier into a hole where fox as no where to run????

Is fair to run them all over the country side with packs off hounds then when they get away down hole dig them out????

Is it fair to put ferret down a hole the put nets over the holes where they cant get away????

The list can go on and on what is fair or not in the hunting world,The word RESPECT is only every used when it comes to the hare is this because it is the ultimate test for any running dog or is it because its the coursing man with his big money dogs think them and the hares they hunt should get the RESPECT from the rest off us.

• Like 6

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting is not giving the same .

You say that rabbit knows where there going well hares are wild animals and hunting by other things and not just man and lucher they have to know there escape route to get away.

Is it fair to put terrier into a hole where fox as no where to run????

Is fair to run them all over the country side with packs off hounds then when they get away down hole dig them out????

Is it fair to put ferret down a hole the put nets over the holes where they cant get away????

The list can go on and on what is fair or not in the hunting world,The word RESPECT is only every used when it comes to the hare is this because it is the ultimate test for any running dog or is it because its the coursing man with his big money dogs think them and the hares they hunt should get the RESPECT from the rest off us.

:notworthy: Now folks that is what a very well thought out response looks like :thumbs: I can only speak for myself mate, I do.. err didn't run hares for any financial gain. I however respect the hare for it being the ultimate prize, the ultimate test, the ultimate warrior. I love the way it sits in the middle of the field asking the question.... is your dog good enough!!! No sulking behind a clump of grass, right out there saying, bring it on!!!

As for the rest, yes hares do know there escape routes but you normally enter the field with the lamp blocking it!! Trying to run through a fence flat out in the dark is a bit more tricky for a hare than a rabbit so its the gate most times..... As for respect for the rest, foxes, rabbits etc, they are usually hunted for pest control reasons so need to be eradicated at all costs or you wont keep your permission for long. Just my opinion mate, hope others share theres..... don't be afraid to hijack this thread, let the conversation flow anyway you want :thumbs:

We are all in the same sport.

In every sport/hobby/activity there are bell ends who spoil it for the others.

You haven't got a category for them?

And why do bull cross get put with tracksuit? I went for a jog with my lurcher this morning. Had trackies and trainers on, he had his "strong stuff" collar on. So I guess I'm the lowest of the low in the hierarchy?

Can whippet owners not also be poachers? Fox men? Rabbit men? Hare coursers?

I think your thread is a load of shite mate to be Frank, and I think it is your sole aim to cause a 15 page argument? Lol.

All the best. here we go again hows it not a sport

Gaz

Gaz

There where your wrong straight away its not a sport its hunting there is a difference in both worlds, the only sport there is is hare coursing (matches) where bets and money can change hand the rest is hunting.

Everything in life has a hierarchy where we either look down our noses at some or look up to others. It's human nature, fishing you have your dry fly fisherman at the top then wet fly, lures, bait, etc etc.... What do YOU think it is regarding the doggy world. I want truthful answers......... just right down the letters in order of the top to bottom......

a)poacher

b)hare courser (lurcher)

c)fox man (lurcher)

d)fox man (bullcross)

e)hare courser (fens)

f)rabbitman

g)bullcross trackie wearer

h) whippet owner

i) all equal

THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION, NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OR IN THE RESPONSES ON THIS THREAD.

I think mate, sadly, you cannot pick by categories, each man must be taken on his true merit, or are we talking the 'romanticized' image of the above, i.e, i might look up to the poacher who comes and goes with no man knowing, knows the land like the back of his hand and can always feed his family with his hands, but not so much to the commercial deer poacher hitting parks, or the lads smashing up stuff and driving the fields in summer etc.

Everything in life has a hierarchy where we either look down our noses at some or look up to others. It's human nature, fishing you have your dry fly fisherman at the top then wet fly, lures, bait, etc etc.... What do YOU think it is regarding the doggy world. I want truthful answers......... just right down the letters in order of the top to bottom......

a)poacher

b)hare courser (lurcher)

c)fox man (lurcher)

d)fox man (bullcross)

e)hare courser (fens)

f)rabbitman

g)bullcross trackie wearer

h) whippet owner

i) all equal

THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION, NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OR IN THE RESPONSES ON THIS THREAD.

I think mate, sadly, you cannot pick by categories, each man must be taken on his true merit, or are we talking the 'romanticized' image of the above, i.e, i might look up to the poacher who comes and goes with no man knowing, knows the land like the back of his hand and can always feed his family with his hands, but not so much to the commercial deer poacher hitting parks, or the lads smashing up stuff and driving the fields in summer etc.

I'm really glad people feel this way cos thats the way I feel. I don't think anyone who runs in a certain part of the country is better than anyone else no matter the quarry :thumbs:

hows it not a sport

How is what not a sport???? A sport always as money in it and there is always something to win at the end off it and the only thing that as money in it and something at the end off it is hare coursing (matches). :thumbs:

Hmmmmmmm not always money mate, lots of pub teams playing football on sundays for the sport or girls hockey etc.............. I don't think its a sport either btw, I find the word sport gives people the wrong impression, sounds like you enjoy iy..... heaven forbid you walk for miles in driving sleet to catch some quarry which is eating all the farmers crops with your dog in the name of fun!!!

hows it not a sport

How is what not a sport???? A sport always as money in it and there is always something to win at the end off it and the only thing that as money in it and something at the end off it is hare coursing (matches). :thumbs:

Hmmmmmmm not always money mate, lots of pub teams playing football on sundays for the sport or girls hockey etc.............. I don't think its a sport either btw, I find the word sport gives people the wrong impression, sounds like you enjoy iy..... heaven forbid you walk for miles in driving sleet to catch some quarry which is eating all the farmers crops with your dog in the name of fun!!!

yes but sunday football and girls hockey always have something to win at the end off the season???

hows it not a sport

yes but sunday football and girls hockey always have something to win at the end off the season???

Yeah true mate. I know I hated the expression, bloodsports.... as if we are all blood thirsty f*****g animals.

hows it not a sport

Yeah true mate. I know I hated the expression, bloodsports.... as if we are all blood thirsty f*****g animals.

dont know how true it is ,but ,,i did hear saluki owners were the tops!! :laugh: