what ammo you useing . what range,s are they , you know if it,s a hit on most of them with a thud sound .check your scope to make sure your its ok .it could be a number of things , it looks like starting from scratch to illuminate what,a what.best of luck . :thumbs: their is 1 or 2 on here who will slag u off but who care,s a sh--.

The 222 has more than enough power to adequately deal with foxes out to at least 200 yards, and probably a lot further, so I agree with derboy - check from scratch. I used to shoot with a brno 222 using winchester 50 grain psp, and when hit, foxes usually dropped on the spot. The only exception was one that was facing me at about 180 yards, and I hit slightly off centre - the fox only went about 20 yards, and when I picked it (stone dead) the bullet had opened it up from the shoulder right down the side and removed its back leg at the socket. Proof enough of this calibres power.

Edited by kenny14

I use Federal Premium V Shok Nosler Ballistic Tip, 40 GR for my 222 Tikka T3 Lite. I have found these to be accurate (1/2 inch grouping at 100 yards)and have had no problems with foxes running after being hit. They are about £27/20 so not cheap. I have tried some RWS which were cheaper (£18/20) and could not get them to group well at all.

Good luck.