gutted

whent out wednesday [bANNED TEXT] me cuzun and tuck

me new ferrets out we was out all day and we

want geting much luck so we moved to a new spot a bit ferthere

down from were we sarted we neted the holes sent all the 3 ferrets

down straight away we got a bolter sadly we didt see the hole 25 minets went be

there was no sing of the ferrets 30 mins went by and my jill came out [bANNED TEXT] blood all over her face

ther was no sing of the 2 hobs anther 20 mins went by and i got a rabbit we had cought early er

and 1 hob came out and grabed it it so i put him in his box he also was coverd in blood i waited anther

hour and ther was no sign of and me dad had cum to pick me up so i had to calll it a day he was me

best worker iam proper gutted

If you are working them without collars let that be a lesson learnt.

I know people have worked them without collars and still do, however if the technologies are there then use it!

I would be gutted as well if I lost one of mine, but in future get a collar and box and save your self the hassle and anguish.

It doesn't do you any favours in the future having semi wild ferrets working there way through your permission.

Regards.

Liam

Bad news that but again i'm with the above posts get a locator and collar, did you make any effort to block holes up so you can go back next day and see if he's there? did you speak to landowner to see if he can keep an eye open for it and let you know if he does, do you know anybody who has a ferret with a locator and collar that can go back with you and put the ferret down as it will probably go straight to the other ferret and it's kill so you will be able to dig it out????

Edited by John-B

Bad news that mate but the fact you got two out covered with blood sounds as if they where on a rabbit and the last hob might be stuck with it .Did you block the burrow in etc?.

Hope you find him mate!!, sound like they were all on a kill mate thats why its deffinatly worth buying a locator, then you could of dug him and the other ferrets out after ten minutes or so s :thumbs: and moved on to the next bury....... If me and my mate didnt have a locator today we would have been buggered aswell matey. had two lye ups on big buck rabbits and had to dig one out and the other one we dug down 4ft and then this must have disturbed them enough there must have been a scuffle coz and the rabbit finnaly bolted, lucky really he had bite marks from the ferrets all over the back of his head so any longer and they would have killed it..... good luck with finding him and buy a locator :thumbs:

atb Ben

prob just lying up,go back like all said with a collared up fert,or atleast block all holes,and sometimes a box with straw in near a hole and it will sleep in thier.i agree ferreting with out collars is not a good idea.

i went out on my first trip yesterday with both my ferrets and a mk3 locator, after about 10 mins he had stopped coming out of the holes, so out come the ferret finder , we located him 3 ft down and started to dig to find him backed up on 2 bunnys , if we never had the locator he'd prob stil be down there with enough food to last him 2 weeks , i know there expensive but there worth there weight in gold mate . atb

Keep going back mate,as other folks have said with another ferret and locator if possible,also try and leave food in the warren to encourage the ferret to stay close by,I remember a few years back now I recovered a ferret after four days of going back and forward trying everything to get it back,eventually recovered it from the same warren I had lost it, :thumbs:

Take john b's advice and go back with a ferret fitted with a collar (if possible) you will have a good chance of retreiving him best of luck with it.

oright bud i do have a coller and a reciever, i was wondering if you can use more than 2 collors with 1 reciever at the same time? Your help will be appreciated