Sign in to follow this  
OldTrapCollector

The Stick Makers Thread

if anybody wants some rams horn give me a shout. i work in the slaughterhouse and can get a few now and again. actually got a few weathering in the yard at the moment as my dad used to make stick but has now changed hobbies.

if anybody wants some rams horn give me a shout. i work in the slaughterhouse and can get a few now and again. actually got a few weathering in the yard at the moment as my dad used to make stick but has now changed hobbies.

I would be interested in a couple. :thumbs:

Cheers

just pm mate mate as i dont really check threads ive posted in as i forget lol.

i got a couple of sets in the yard at the mo and ill see if i can get somemore but i dont know when it will be, all depends when some decent rams come in and if i manage to get my hands on them first!

Yes, its a paint stripper type hot air gun. If you keep turning the shank it will not harm the bark in anyway. If your not sure, you can wrap a bit of tinfoil around the shank area being heated.

A lot of people are buying straight grain timber handpieces, such as crooks, but its really a waste of money, as soon as you drop it or put any strain on it, it will easily snap. Only work with one piece Shank-handpiece, or use a burr. Far stronger, and not likely to snap.

Take a look at this site. Tell Martin what you want and he will do his best to get it for you.

http://www.highlandhorn.com/

id love some rams horns like, been trying to get hold of something to top my beating stick for a while!

Good rams horns are like gold dust,- you need a horn from a ram at least 4 years of age.

this is what i have at the moment. sadly the pne at the bottom right has a hole drilled threw it. its hard to get decent horns now as the farmers chop them and drill them to thigh up the rams.

005-2.jpg

Edited by rapidjenky

this was the last set i sold. got offered very good money for them! they were huge.

horms001.jpg

horms002.jpg

Edited by rapidjenky

Now they are very good horns pal, and will make some great sticks.

this was the last set i sold. got offered very good money for them! they were huge.

horms001.jpg

horms002.jpg

Got any for sale now matie?