" King Rat of 2007 " ~ Shall We Go For It?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:yes: I agree, Drops. Those bait rods are actually set at the slightest / \ angles, thus losing at the tail end what they gain at the nose end. But that tail could have been pulled straighter and taking the slight waves out would have stretched him more completely and naturally, there by, as ye say, taking him that 1/8th inch or so over the pure 16 1/2" mark.

However, on Sunday, as a mate and I worked our way through this entire thread so he could second my own findings so far, I believe I spotted that Donk's has brought us what's probaby The Rat so far. I'll post this and go back look for it. But I'm sure the bugger was near the 18" mark, with a very clear reading on the tape and nicely positioned too. It's one in a multiple rat shot and really caught my eye.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:good: Yeppers. Post 52. Donk's is showing us what must surely be - with full straightening up - an 18" over all rat! See for yeselve's, people. I believe that's the one so far!

Post 80 ( Eh?! Er ... Edited to say That should have read the numeric for 'Eighty'! :shok:) and 'Trapper' has what looks a monster. Sadly, obviously not measured at the time of the historical shot.

Remember, folks; Camera's and Stanley tapes are essential accessories for rat killers today :D

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: Frankly, Drops; I think nailing rats to boards is possibly going a tad beyond the ethos of a lightly 'competative' survey, wouldn't you?

I mean, by all means ensure the head's up and the tail's straight. But I really can't see anyone wishing to take this whole craic so seriously as to go nailing dead vermin to anything.

Next we'd have deliberately stretched rats and, quite apart from becoming within the realms of dangerous practice, I think we'd lose the spirit of the whole idea.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:clapper: Actually, Mike, that is The Most Perfect shot we've seen so far! Even I managed to get it wrong and Did have my rat facing the wrong way, in relation to the tape.

No; Kudos, mate. That's a shining example to us all of Just what's required here. Cleanly presented rat. Tape a half blind man could read. Straight marker stick. F*ck me, I'm now ashamed at my own effort!

Take note, people, please: THAT's what we're looking for. A Model presentation! :clapping: