deerhound crosses

sho8 have you ever seen a realgood dog mate and im being honest ,i have been lucky to own some good ones ,can you offer me plenty game cause im not comeing down for a laugh mate , im there to hunt,mate ive got plenty to go at and he knowledge t go at it hope your not wasting my time pal

Whin you can be a belittling antagonistic man at times...why wouldn't he have seen a good dog?How do you know you wouldn't be wasting his time? :wallbash:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whin thinks he's the only man to have ever hunted "a few beasties" I'll wait for for a post now that will be illiterate,patronising and

To the great wise one WHIN ...just because you dont know about decent deerhound saturated lurchers doesnt mean they are not out there .....I have a 3/4 deer/grey who is very much past her best at 9 bu

I will take up that challange WHIN and im not far away from you ...I will bring with me a 4 year old 3/8 deerhound x that I know wont let me down and will handle anything you put in front of him anyth

Posted Images

sho8 have you ever seen a realgood dog mate and im being honest ,i have been lucky to own some good ones ,can you offer me plenty game cause im not comeing down for a laugh mate , im there to hunt,mate ive got plenty to go at and he knowledge t go at it hope your not wasting my time pal

Whin you can be a belittling antagonistic man at times...why wouldn't he have seen a good dog?How do you know you wouldn't be wasting his time? :wallbash:

Didnt you no hes a huge dog man talking all the time about the dogs in usa.There are a few good dogs around here. a couple of people that i no of are on this site and if my bitch comes 1/2 as good id be happy.

• Like 1

ille not waste his time mate but along way to travel for not much sport im no bully just call a spade a spade, hope you keep on to the good deerhound cross im looking forward to see it run,ille tell you what bring the deerhound up to godscountry if it lasts with my own dogs ille pay youre petrol mate no prob ,

Didnt you no hes a huge dog man talking all the time about the dogs in usa.There are a few good dogs around here. a couple of people that i no of are on this site and if my bitch comes 1/2 as good id be happy.

Whin thinks he's the only man to have ever hunted "a few beasties" :laugh: I'll wait for for a post now that will be illiterate,patronising and :censored:

• Like 2

dan im afraid the stag hound of america is miles better than the scottish deerhound we have or the deerhound lurcher we have for sure i dont no a real deal hunting poaching guy who keeps deerhound lurchers nowadays ,last one i saw was andy baron cross many years ago, after ten years every year hunting in the states , and seeing staghounds and saluki crosses i know were my money is on good dogs ,most people hear play at being hunters but there some that dont , alas none keep the scottish deerhound cross as well there not realy up to the job like the coyote hound stag hound is ,cant remeber the last time i saw a deerhound cross in a coursing comp , or even in the hands of good knowlegble hunting guys nowadays ,the saluki cross and the terrier crosses are the main hunting dogs in the uk , with the odd die hard collie cross, the deerhounds i saw run in my early teens etc are miles away from the dogs that are about now ,and so are the guys that ran them , ive saw several deerhounds crosses here not in the same class as the stag hounds over your way, my old mate has some tidy staghounds bred fromben hardaways dogs they can run ajack and if the get the chance take acoyote ,i ve yet to see a good deerhound cross genuine one for years, we havent got them like youse over there , the top dogs over here are saluki crosses terrier crosses and some collie types , the rest are second rate for catching all sorts of qaurry or coursing comps im afraid

To the great wise one WHIN ...just because you dont know about decent deerhound saturated lurchers doesnt mean they are not out there .....I have a 3/4 deer/grey who is very much past her best at 9 but was up there with the best of them on all quarry a good honest bitch that produced good honest pups that are still doing it today ....there are a few pups going about with her blood running through there veins that are in the hands of good knowledgable hunting guys ...asyou put it ...as for shite deerhound crosses that may be true but you could say that about any cross and I would say there ar more second rate bull crosses going about purely because there are that many of them about these days .....Granted a lot of modern deerhounds are no good for grafting but if you get the right one they make very decent dogs and the right amount and right type of deerhound blood in a lurcher can add all the right ingrediants to the mixture

• Like 2

i no my dogs sho8 ,hunted along time and if somebody like your self says they have agreat dog i want to se it not beacause ,im curios just great dogs are hard to breed ,im a serous hunting guy mate ,and if your dog is what you say you cant ask for more ,now wewre wil we stay when i come down and is it daylite and nite time hunting and willw e get a good mixed bag , sound soon see you soon mate.i can return the favour with the hunting as i too have land ,and the dogs and know how to get the game ,looking forward to poopping down all the best

Whin thinks he's the only man to have ever hunted "a few beasties" :laugh: I'll wait for for a post now that will be illiterate,patronising and :censored:

and your forgeting every post he posts will allways end with what hes done or caught in years gone by.

moo all the good deerhound crosses ive saw were crossed with more of the other greyhound saluks etc than deerhound , i had deerhound crosses along time ago , and saw a handful no three , that could catch consistently on winter hares , roe pre ban rabbits , and one would take afox the guy would like another but he doesnt no were to start ,how is your deerhounds for watching holes when out with terriers etc catch hares woulded beasts , and do they have runing wind for behind the qaud ,i have saw good derrhound crosses as i says awhile ago

deerman what about now ,i can talk about now mate but why put youreself in the fire no need to , all im saying is its years since i saw good deerhound crosses ,localy they were the favoured dogs back in the eighties early ninties , most of the deerhound crosses ive saw lately were very fine chested not very strong to do ashift looked good in the show ring tell me when was the last time any youse saw adeerhound cross do three winter hares on good open land , or knack foxes pre ban with ease or take thirty or more rabbs ,if youse guys are breeding real deals then you are keeping the SCOTTISH DEERHOUND TYPE GOING GOOD ON YOUSE

moo all the good deerhound crosses ive saw were crossed with more of the other greyhound saluks etc than deerhound , i had deerhound crosses along time ago , and saw a handful no three , that could catch consistently on winter hares , roe pre ban rabbits , and one would take afox the guy would like another but he doesnt no were to start ,how is your deerhounds for watching holes when out with terriers etc catch hares woulded beasts , and do they have runing wind for behind the qaud ,i have saw good derrhound crosses as i says awhile ago

I'd be more concerned if they had the running wind for behind game than a quad :icon_eek:

• Like 1

ille not waste his time mate but along way to travel for not much sport im no bully just call a spade a spade, hope you keep on to the good deerhound cross im looking forward to see it run,ille tell you what bring the deerhound up to godscountry if it lasts with my own dogs ille pay youre petrol mate no prob ,

I will take up that challange WHIN and im not far away from you ...I will bring with me a 4 year old 3/8 deerhound x that I know wont let me down and will handle anything you put in front of him anything that your dogs will and maybe a bit more ...wee will see ....Im not interested in petrol money but just want to proove you are not the be all and end all in gods country ...we will get this sorted at the back end when the fields are cut and theres no young about ....

post-23537-127062673603_thumb.jpg

• Like 2