deerhound crosses

Here is a pic of a great staghound. Do you really think we got this type of dog by crossing it to a modern day type deerhound?

No mate, I think you got great dogs like that by breeding the best to the best ! Just as some of us in the UK try the same !! But then again, we haven't the quarry here that you have over there; we just wish we had !!

Cheers.

I know you know the game but just wanted to illustrate for some that read too much bullshit off this net. We didnt breed them pencil necked shit eatin deerhounds to a greyhound to produce these coyote dogs. They bred coyote dog to coyote dog to do so. Like I said, I know you knew but had to just say it cause i here this garbage way too much.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whin thinks he's the only man to have ever hunted "a few beasties" I'll wait for for a post now that will be illiterate,patronising and

To the great wise one WHIN ...just because you dont know about decent deerhound saturated lurchers doesnt mean they are not out there .....I have a 3/4 deer/grey who is very much past her best at 9 bu

I will take up that challange WHIN and im not far away from you ...I will bring with me a 4 year old 3/8 deerhound x that I know wont let me down and will handle anything you put in front of him anyth

Posted Images

HAD ONE 22 YRS AGO OUTSTANDING ALLROUNDER WAS OBSESSED WITH KILLING FOX'S,WAS A LOT OF TOP CLASS DEERHOUND CROSSES ABOUT THEN, FIRST CROSS AND SECOND CROSS DOGS.BUT NOWADAYS ALL THE GAMENESS IS GONE, MUST BE THE SHOW RING RUINED A LOT OF BREEDS INCLUDING THE DEERHOUND.WAS OUT BEATING COVER ONE SUNDAY LAST SEASON COUPLE OF LADS OUT WITH DEERHOUNDS, WERE ON WAY BACK TO VANS DOGS WALKING LOOSE BESIDE OWNERS WHEN LARGE FOX RAN OUT DITCH ACCROSS 20 ACRE, FIELD THE FOUR DOGS COURSED THE FOX TO FAR DITCH NOT ONE DOG WOULD STRIKE FOX ,DOGS CAME BACK OWNERS SHOUTING GREAT COURSE WELL DONE DOGS, NOT MY CUP OF TEA NO WONDER THE BREED IS IN DECLINE?

Here is a pic of a great staghound. Do you really think we got this type of dog by crossing it to a modern day type deerhound?

No mate, I think you got great dogs like that by breeding the best to the best ! Just as some of us in the UK try the same !! But then again, we haven't the quarry here that you have over there; we just wish we had !!

Cheers.

I know you know the game but just wanted to illustrate for some that read too much bullshit off this net. We didnt breed them pencil necked shit eatin deerhounds to a greyhound to produce these coyote dogs. They bred coyote dog to coyote dog to do so. Like I said, I know you knew but had to just say it cause i here this garbage way too much.

Dan, I didn't want to get into an "I did this...You did that" match, 'cause you would win !! I've ran dogs all over the world, and hunted stuff most people in the UK haven't. I don't know for sure what dogs are in your "Staghounds", but I'll bet my butt they are Greyhound/Deerhound and some local breeds, (long way back!!). I've only ran dogs down Texas way, with good lads, not sure where youre from in the States, but, BY GOD, I'd LOVE to have a day out with you and your dogs !!!

cHEERS.

Cheers.

Dan, I didn't want to get into an "I did this...You did that" match, 'cause you would win !! I've ran dogs all over the world, and hunted stuff most people in the UK haven't. I don't know for sure what dogs are in your "Staghounds", but I'll bet my butt they are Greyhound/Deerhound and some local breeds, (long way back!!). I've only ran dogs down Texas way, with good lads, not sure where youre from in the States, but, BY GOD, I'd LOVE to have a day out with you and your dogs !!!

cHEERS.

You know whats in them just like I do. Sure there is greyhound and deerhound and bulldog and who knows what else. I'd say greyhound and deerhound is the majority but it damn sure aint these modern day deerhounds is all I'm sayin. Take care and I think we both know you have done far more in your life than I have.

Cheers.

cHEERS.

[/quot

If the grammar and spelling were worse ..............it could be Whin :clapper:

Cheers.

cHEERS.

You know whats in them just like I do. Sure there is greyhound and deerhound and bulldog and who knows what else. I'd say greyhound and deerhound is the majority but it damn sure aint these modern day deerhounds is all I'm sayin. Take care and I think we both know you have done far more in your life than I have.

Dan, I've been places, hunted stuff, but you have put far better posts up on this site than me !! You've made this site readable at times, and thats what guys want to see !! Next time I'm in the 'States; I'll give you a call, if you can put up with an old man !! LOL !!

Cheers.

Cheers.

cHEERS.

[/quot

If the grammar and spelling were worse ..............it could be Whin :clapper:

Miles, it not like you to attack people ! If you are jelouse of where I've been or what I've done with dogs, please let us know what your problem is ??

Cheers.

3 lads still working the deerhound and getting the results after personally 12 years of breeding and working these hounds its a shame that in general the press is bad

but it is deserved the drive has been pushed out by the show ring and what was a great celtic working hound our own type of hound for our own country is about to be

lost and we must import saluki's and the like which i admire and think are a great dog but we are losing our own breed

three normal lads from ireland have been working on getting the breed back hunting them and driving on not worried about shows in fact i have never entered one we have been

actively working and getting where we need the breed to be back to a great running dog with a fantastic brain nature and drive and all the attributes that have allowed the breed to

influence staghounds in USA/ AUS / Lurchers around the world and most importantly that the dog does what it was made to do

so lets all hold hope that we can save our own great celtic hound and let it not be lost to the history books